Windows 10 getting Error 0x80073d0b when moving Halo 5: Forge

I'm getting the "We couldn't move Halo 5: Forge" with an error code of 0x80073d0b after trying to move the game to another drive. I'm using the "move" feature in the Apps & Games Settings. If anyone could help out, I'd appreciate it. 

Question Info

Last updated April 1, 2020 Views 13,866 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

I suggest you to refer the link Halo 5: Forge and follow the steps suggested. Thank you.

Pavan N

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This link contains no help whatsoever.

103 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I suggest you to refer the link Halo 5: Forge and follow the steps suggested. Thank you.

Hello there,

You are quite welcome. I'd like to thank you for the prompt response and for wasting my time. Neither the error code nor the issue were anywhere to be found.  

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same issue here too.

Having updating to Windows 10 Pro v1607 about six or seven weeks ago, I've only just fixed the annoying 0x80070005 error I had while trying to update or install Windows Store apps and games on my H: drive and/or transfer them from C: to on my H: drive (though I could move them from H: to C: no problems, which allowed me to update them, just not back once moved and updated), In fact, attempting to install or update any apps that weren't on the C: drive would fail with this error.

Turned out to be a silly bug to do with file compression which has been enabled on all my drives for years and which had been working fine needless to say with the launch version and v1511 of Windows 10 Pro. Microsoft really need to give their QA department a kick up the backside IMO as I wasted days of my time trying to fix that issue until someone suggested it might be the file compression setting. And it was.

Anyway, when I installed Halo 5: Forge I did not realise that the Storage location was set to C: (which I had to do because of the issue explained above) so it got installed on my boot SSD. I thought, right, now the 0x80070005 is fixed that I can just move the game to my H: drive. Except, nope, I can't because now I get a new error: 0x80073d0b and the usual unhelpful suggestion to "try again later" (which with Microsoft products NEVER works in my experience anyway!).

Don't take it the wrong way but I'm glad that I am not the only one experienced this issue.

I suspect that this is yet another Windows 10 bug and one which will likely take Microsoft weeks if not months to fix. In the meantime, it looks like the only option would to uninstall the game then reinstall it with the Storage location set to the drive you want it to be located on since I do not recall Store asking me where I wanted it when I downloaded it. Considering this "game" is 35 GB that is something of a glaring oversight, wouldn't you say, if you're running a small SSD as a boot drive?

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm getting the "We couldn't move Halo 5: Forge" with an error code of 0x80073d0b after trying to move the game to another drive. I'm using the "move" feature in the Apps & Games Settings. If anyone could help out, I'd appreciate it. 
The same problem with Forza Horizon 3 :(

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes for some reason I was able to install apps to my E drive previously but now I can't install Recore to my E drive.  Had to change default location in settings to C  for it to install and now I cant move it.   For some reason the game can only be installed on C?

If I changed my Default location back to E  I can install other games no problem  So for what ever stupid reason they are coding certain items to installed to C:  

Sorry this didn't help.

@ manceres - When you say you cannot install anything to E: I presume you mean you get an error? 0x80070005 by any chance (access denied)?

I found after upgrading from Windows 10 v1511 to v1607 that the Store could no longer install or update any of the apps on my H: drive or any other drive besides C:. I could move apps from H: to C: to update them but I was unable to move them back.

Turned out that the error is due to having file compression enabled on all drives except C:. For some reason, Windows 10 v1607 does not like file compression for the WindowsApps folder yet it had no problems in v1511 because I've been using it on all my drives for a decade or more now. I just unchecked file compression for the H:\WindowsApps folder and then I was able to install new apps there, copy stuff from the C: drive to H: and update them.

Very silly bug and oversight by Microsoft IMO.

Sorry this didn't help.

No access denied just this generic error  0x80073d0b when trying to move Recore from C to E

and  0x80073cf9  when trying to install both to E.   Looked up both and nothing I have found has worked.

I tried it with the Forge same message as I get with Recore.    Tested on another app (WOT Blitz) and it worked fine.  Installed to E with out issue.  Every other Game I have installed from Steam or other online stores install to my E drive with out issue. 

The Forge and Recore even gave the option to install to E  so it can see the drive.

For both the download starts  progress along for a bit and that just stops.

The drive is not compress nor is the folder on Drive E.   I have full permission on the drive and folder.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

No answers I'm afraid, but maybe it's just the mere size of those apps. The ones you successfully moved over might have been much smaller in size. Also even some small apps refuse to move over to another partition because they rely on being on the same drive (usually C:) as where the OS resides.

In both cases the error message should be clear enough for us human beings to understand.

B.t.w. I had to uninstall both Forge and Recore because my system didn't match the requirements. Luckily for me I can still use them on my Xbox :)

Sorry this didn't help.

What you said here is what I think honestly is the problem for me.

Also even some small apps refuse to move over to another partition because they rely on being on the same drive (usually C:) as where the OS resides.

Thanks for the feedback.  My Xbox runs them fine too.  Just kinda sad that Play anywhere isn't a perfect rollout for everyone.

I can play Recore on my PC  just wish I could put it on my storage drive vs OS drive.

Sorry this didn't help.