Windows 10 getting Error 0x80073d0b when moving Halo 5: Forge

I'm getting the "We couldn't move Halo 5: Forge" with an error code of 0x80073d0b after trying to move the game to another drive. I'm using the "move" feature in the Apps & Games Settings. If anyone could help out, I'd appreciate it. 
Answer
Answer

I'm having the same issue here too.

Having updating to Windows 10 Pro v1607 about six or seven weeks ago, I've only just fixed the annoying 0x80070005 error I had while trying to update or install Windows Store apps and games on my H: drive and/or transfer them from C: to on my H: drive (though I could move them from H: to C: no problems, which allowed me to update them, just not back once moved and updated), In fact, attempting to install or update any apps that weren't on the C: drive would fail with this error.

Turned out to be a silly bug to do with file compression which has been enabled on all my drives for years and which had been working fine needless to say with the launch version and v1511 of Windows 10 Pro. Microsoft really need to give their QA department a kick up the backside IMO as I wasted days of my time trying to fix that issue until someone suggested it might be the file compression setting. And it was.

Anyway, when I installed Halo 5: Forge I did not realise that the Storage location was set to C: (which I had to do because of the issue explained above) so it got installed on my boot SSD. I thought, right, now the 0x80070005 is fixed that I can just move the game to my H: drive. Except, nope, I can't because now I get a new error: 0x80073d0b and the usual unhelpful suggestion to "try again later" (which with Microsoft products NEVER works in my experience anyway!).

Don't take it the wrong way but I'm glad that I am not the only one experienced this issue.

I suspect that this is yet another Windows 10 bug and one which will likely take Microsoft weeks if not months to fix. In the meantime, it looks like the only option would to uninstall the game then reinstall it with the Storage location set to the drive you want it to be located on since I do not recall Store asking me where I wanted it when I downloaded it. Considering this "game" is 35 GB that is something of a glaring oversight, wouldn't you say, if you're running a small SSD as a boot drive?

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 29, 2020 Views 18,949 Applies to: