Window 10 DVD Player App audio is distorted

I have just upgraded from Win 7 32 bit to Win 10.  I found the Windows DVD Player app

and am attempting to play DVD and the sound is distorted and unrecognizable.  It is not a volume

issue, the playback appears to be slower and lower pitched, voices don't sound like

voices, music sounds strange like a merry go round.  I don't think it is an audio driver because

if I play music from iTunes it sounds fine, any ideas?  Anyone else have problems?

Question Info

Last updated March 22, 2019 Views 799 Applies to:

Hi Dondori,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

please let us know the answers for the following questions:

1. What is the file format of the files that you are trying to play?
  2. Have you tried with multiple DVDs?
  3. Have you tried re-installing the app from Microsoft store?

Regards,

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks.

1. The file format is a normal copyrighted DVD from Netflix. VOB files? I have tried

playing some homemade GoPro video files from my desktop and those work fine.

2.  I have tried multiple DVD's and it doesn't seem to make a difference, same issue.

3.  I have not tried uninstalling the app because I am afraid that I won't be able to download it again, after reading the Microsoft description of who gets the "Free" Windows DVD app , I am a little confused as to if it will even let me download it again.

But I guess I will try that and see, because it is not working now, so it's not much use.

ugghh,,update...

I deleted the app and now cannot even find the Windows DVD player app in the Windows store to re-download it.   Just what I was afraid of.  Any suggestions?

update to post 8/10/15  ..The app is now available on the Windows Store, but now it wants to charge

me $15 .  I had the app, it was not functioning properly.  I took advise to try to reinstall, but

had originally received the app included with my Windows 10 upgrade (see above).  Now, after

deleting the app from the original installation it wants to charge me $15.  I do not think I will

pay that because I cannot be sure that the app works!!!!!

2nd update 8/10/15 After spending an hour trying to figure out if I can some re download the Windows 10 DVD app.  I have decided to try a different app. I searched the Windows App Store and the first thing that came up was VLC for Windows 8 , I tried downloading the VLC for Windows 8

and it is free! But after downloading the VLC App, I cannot figure out what to do with it.  It doesn't seem to play DVD's only Video files on your computer.  I don't know maybe somebody can tell me different, but

after 15 minutes of frustration.  I did a websearch and found an article that AGAIN recommended VLC , but this time it directed me to the VLC website where I downloaded an actual PROGRAM not an APP.  The program I am glad to say works fine, no distorted audio!  Thanks VLC!!!

here's a link or just type it in yourself.

http://www.videolan.org/support/faq.html

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue - any update on how to fix the corrupted Audio with Windows 10 DVD Player? I previously had Windows 7 Ultimate and just trying to play a normal movie DVD.

My audio/video plays ok for other things on web sites and music plays fine. would be better if Windows Media player could just play DVDs again just like it did before on windows 7 ultimate.

Sorry this didn't help.

No update.  I tried to delete the app and reinstall it, but you cannot reinstall it without paying $15 and re downloading the app.  Not going to do that because I am not sure it works!  I read many of the reviews

on the app store and that further discourages me.

Sorry this didn't help.