Taptiles won't open

I have not been able to open Taptiles for 2 years now. I was hoping with the newest update to Windows 10, somebody might have fixed this problem. There is no longer a forum on Xbox where one can get help with this app so I'm hoping someone here might be able to give me some help.

When I first bought my computer, it had Windows 8.1 and Taptiles worked but shortly there after, Taptiles said I needed to update the app and from then on, I've never been able to open it. The splash screen shows on my computer for a few seconds and then disappears, taking the game with it.

I tried all the suggestions that were given starting back 2 years ago and nothing ever worked. I use to love passing the time by playing this game and would sure love to figure out a way to make it work again.

Hi,

To meet the concern, please verify if you were able to reinstall the game "Taptiles". Have you tried running the game in Compatibility mode?

Here is how to run the app in compatibility mode:

Right click on Taptiles shortcut, click Properties > Compatibility tab > Tick the box right before Run this program in compatibility mode for: > select the decided OS/service pack > click Apply.

Here's the example:

If you need full support for the said game, please refer to this link: Xbox Contact Us: Chat Support.

Update us about the results.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Figured out a solution for the problem I've had with Microsoft Jigsaw today. The problem started with the 1607 update and I have spent countless hours on figuring it out. There's a high probability that this applies to other windows games with ads as well, such as soltaire, tapatile, etc.

If you have the N version of windows the media feature pack is not installed by default and some of the store apps are dependent on this. With each new version of windows 10 they seem to update the media feature pack separatly and you will need to manually download and install it again.  I would imagine the framework is needed in order to show ads and when the app can not show the ads it will simply crash.

Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10

PS.

If you have blocked the common domains used for serving ads as a measurement for ad blocking apps will also crash during play or at startup.

This might not be applicable to your problem but I've been pulling my hair for the past month in trying to figure this out so It might be helpful to somebody else. More helpful than the threads recommending you to use the troubleshooter that does nothing yet again.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

How do I know if I have the "N" version?

And Marc, there is no option to run the game in a compatible mode but thanks for trying to help me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Right click the start menu and select 'System' or go through Control panel > System

First group on that view says Windows edition and below that it says your version and if it is N or not.

Or you could just have downloaded the Media feature pack and see if it installed if you were unsure. If you already have the feature pack the installer would have told you...

Sorry this didn't help.

Maybe I'll try installing that Media package. I'm using the Home edition and I know I already have Windows Media player so maybe that package isn't going to work for me. I tried doing a search to see what the difference was between the Home edition and the N edition and all I could find on the N edition is information saying it's used in a country other than the USA which is where I live.

Sorry this didn't help.

Select Dash on the main screen. 

Select Menu (after you're in the Dash screen with proper background/controls but no tiles).

Select Restart in lower right corner. 

Select Continue

Sorry, I had screen shots, but the message wouldn't allow me to post them.  Indicated my message was too long.  Anyway, this did the trick for me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 3, 2020 Views 727 Applies to: