Can not install Microsoft Visual J#® 2.0 on Windows 10 (not compatible)

Does someone have a problem installing Microsoft Visual J#® 2.0 (64bit version) on Windows 10 (also 64bit)?

I am getting this compatibility error message when I start installer:

I have upgraded my Windows 8.1 on my Toshiba laptop with Windows 10. After that I have this problem.

Interesting is that I have last Windows 10 Insider Preview installed on virtual box, and there I do not have such problem as in final version of Windows!?

Any advice?

Question Info

Last updated January 15, 2019 Views 3,474 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

I suggest you to install the program in compatibility mode and check.

Please refer the below link to know how to Make older programs run in this version of Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/make-older-programs-run#1TC=windows-7

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues. I will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So I have fixed this issue :-) Here is how:

1. After Windows upgrade, application that is using Microsoft Visual J#® 2.0 started to throw an error: "The type initializer 'java.lang.System' threw an exception"

2. I tried to reinstall Microsoft Visual J#® 2.0, but after I uninstalled it (through Programs and features option in Control panel), installation proces gave me error provided on screenshot in my first post.

3. Seems like uninstallation process didn't finished normally and program is not removed completely or correctly, so I removed manually all registry entries that had a reference to Microsoft Visual J#® 2.0

4. After I removed those references, program installation completed regularly and application that is using Microsoft Visual J#® 2.0 is now working normally.

I don't know if this is an issue with Windows 10 upgrade, but it surely happened after it.

I hope someone will find this useful if eventually face with the same problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Happened on 2nd computer too, where I have upgraded OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10!

Now I tried to run repair of Microsoft Visual J#® 2.0 (started installation file and selected Repair option), and solved a problem that way!

So, do not remove Microsoft Visual J#® 2.0 when facing this problem after Windows upgrade, just run repair!

Microsoft should check what is happening with Microsoft Visual J#® 2.0 installation after Windows 10 upgrade, because if this happened to me twice, it is not coincidence!

Sorry this didn't help.