Microsoft Font Maker - is there really no undo/erase function?

Hi everyone,

I downloaded Microsoft Font Maker earlier, & wanted to ask anyone else that's used it about a question I had. . . although I'm able to write with my stylus & input the characters as required, I'm unable to undo or erase if I make a mistake.  Am I missing something, or have they really omitted these functions?  There's no tutorial or instructions in the app, or via the download page, & I've searched for answers but came up with nothing.  I'm not the only one with this issue either, according to the reviews in the Microsoft Store.  The only way I can find to get around it is to close the app & reopen it, before beginning from scratch again, & that's not going to be sustainable - I'm already over it.  

Thanks in advance,

Fern

Hi JoeannDeveaux,

If you are using a Surface device, you can try to use the top part of the pen to check if you can erase those fonts. Check more information about it on this link. Other manufacturers might have a similar function or button to erase what was written. If that does not work, the best way to let the developers know is to write a review on the product's page.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.  

Regards.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

So I have exactly the same issue. It is beyond my ability to comprehend that any software developer would develop an app that didn't allow you to undo work that you've done. Particularly, when it involves any sort of hand-drawn activity. Let's assume that the development team went beyond my comprehension...the link that you provide above give me no ability to leave commentary or a review. It says to go to the device on which the app is installed. I did that but similarly found no place to provide developer feedback. 

I guess this is why third party app development is far superior to the apps developed by the foundation software supplier. They just take greater care and deeper thought about the end-user.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I found that the pen's erase function worked just like it would in One Note.  I don't have a Surface, but the pen for my Asus touch screen has two buttons near the grip end (as do most styluses.. styli?), one of which toggles to the eraser function when held down.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ariel,

Unfortunately, no, I don't have a Surface - I had a Samsung Slate, & the button on the stylus doesn't toggle the erase function as the Surface one does.  I've now got a Dell Venue, but I'm yet to get a pen for it.  When I do, I'll see if it works. . .

Cheers,

Fern

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good - it's not just me then!  Even if some/most stylii have buttons, it's clear not all of them do, so they should definitely make an on-screen erase option, for those of us without that.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for that.  I've got a Samsung Slate, & the button doesn't work as an eraser, sadly.  I've now got a Dell Venue, which I'm yet to get a pen for, but when I do, I hope it works as you've said.

Cheers,

Fern

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 5, 2021 Views 1,267 Applies to: