Error 0x80070003

The Apps directory shows 15 unloaded apps in this format

@{Microsoft.APP_NAME

The apps cannot be loaded and the error code is 0x80070003.

What can I do?

Hi Mario,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are getting error code 0x80070003. We’ll certainly help you with this.

Let’s try the following methods and check if it works.

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps and check if it works.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Also refer the following article and try the suggestions provided.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Method 2: The error message 0x80070003 is usually displayed when some files in the update are missing, even though the update is downloaded and extracted successfully.

Please navigate to this location. C:\windows\softwaredistribution\datastore\logs\edb.log.

Delete the 'edb' log file and reboot the computer and check the issue.

Hope this will fix the issue. Keep us posted with the status of the issue. We’ll be glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Mario,

We understand that you are getting error code 0x80070003. We’ll certainly help you with this.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: The error message 0x80070003 is usually displayed when some files in the update are missing, even though the update is downloaded and extracted successfully.

Please navigate to this location. C:\windows\softwaredistribution\datastore\logs\edb.log.

Hope this will fix the issue. Keep us posted with the status of the issue. We’ll be glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

I tried the above suggestions.  The problem is not solved.

I have 10 apps in the download and update page of the App Store.  They all say

Try that again  See details.

The details say

Something went wrong

The error code is 0x80070003, in case you need it.

If I click on "Check for updates"all the apps are eventually downloaded but not installed and they go back to the

above message.

If I go look at the list of Apps from the start menu there is a blank box for "Microsoft Solitaire Collection", this is one of the apps that does not get loaded. If I right click on the box  "Microsoft Solitaire Collection" and I select "Uninstall"

the App stays there  but it does not run.

If I go to a folder called "Applications" I find listed all the apps I'm trying to download but one example of their name is

@{Microsoft.WindowsMaps_4.1506.50715.0_x64_8wekyb3d8bbwe?m...

Let me know what to do next.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mario,

Thank you.

The details say

Something went wrong

If I click on "Check for updates"all the apps are eventually downloaded but not installed and they go back to the

above message.

If I go look at the list of Apps from the start menu there is a blank box for "Microsoft Solitaire Collection", this is one of the apps that does not get loaded. If I right click on the box  "Microsoft Solitaire Collection" and I select "Uninstall"

If I go to a folder called "Applications" I find listed all the apps I'm trying to download but one example of their name is

sny luck, i am having the samepriblrm.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mario,

Thank you.

The details say

Something went wrong

above message.

sny luck, i am having the samepriblrm.
may any one tell us the solution for this problem i was try all this methods and non of them have worked for me i still have this problem and i cant run any kind of application at all.
please help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had this problem with the Microsoft.People appx ('app', 'universal app', or whatever the official name is) but it could equally have been any other appx, and below is my explanation of why this problem happened and how I finally managed to fixed it.

My Windows 10 64-bit installation thought that Microsoft.People 10.0.10220.0 was still installed because, for some reason, the package had not been fully un-installed. A newer version Microsoft.People 10.0.10500.0 was in the Store.

I could not remove the Microsoft.People tile from the Start Menu, even though 10.0.10220.0 was not installed and not launch-able. Neither trying to un-install Microsoft.People via Windows 10's GUI, nor trying to upgrade Microsoft.People via the Store, worked (the Store message was: “Try that again Something went wrong. The error code is 0x80070003, in case you need it.” ).

As the package folder for Microsoft.People 10.0.10220.0 no longer existed in my installation, I could not remove Microsoft.People 10.0.10220.0 using PowerShell commands either, since PowerShell could not find the missing manifest file for the package, as shown below:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Remove-AppxPackage Microsoft.People_10.0.10220.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Remove-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered.
error 0x80070003: Reading manifest from location: AppxManifest.xml failed with error: The system cannot find the path specified.
NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 715b1393-78cf-0000-5e97-5b71cf78d101 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 715b1393-78cf-0000-5e97-5b71cf78d101
At line:1 char:1
+ Remove-AppxPackage Microsoft.People_10.0.10220.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : WriteError: (Microsoft.Peopl…__8wekyb3d8bbwe:String) [Remove-AppxPackage], IOException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.RemoveAppxPackageCommand

So, to me it appears that Windows 10 has a design shortcoming: If an appx package is partly missing, it is not possible to forcibly un-install the rest of it or to upgrade the package to a newer version.

Fortunately I found a blog post by someone who happened to have that version of the package installed and who was able to e-mail me the missing package folder and files of Microsoft.People 10.0.10220.0 that my installation required in order to un-install Microsoft.People 10.0.10220.0. I simply copied them to the folders where they would have been prior to un-installation, and then it was possible to un-install Microsoft.People 10.0.10220.0 and install Microsoft.People 10.0.10500.0.

So, to recap,. if, for whatever reason, some appx files are missing (due to, e.g., a failed upgrade or a failed un-install) then Windows 10 is:

a) unable to un-install the remaining folders, files and Registry entries of the older appx package;

b) unable to upgrade to a newer version of the appx package.

I have noticed the same phenomenon with other packages in other user accounts in Windows 10.

Anyway, the detailed blog post of the person who kindly supplied me with the missing files, and who posted files for other appx packages that could be missing in your Windows 10 installation, can be found at:

http://www.techtantri.com/windows-10-apps-not-working-download-apps-folder/

All the other blog posts and articles I found on the Web assume that all the files of the package one wishes to remove still exist in one’s installation and that the PowerShell command Remove-AppxPackage will work. However, if the files are no longer there (for whatever reason), the Remove-AppxPackage command fails and you are stuck.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 8, 2020 Views 7,343 Applies to: