I cannot install iCloud for Windows using my MS Admin user account. Yet when I grant admin prev to outher user they can.

Rig: Acer 64b Windows 10 desktop, i5-7400, 16Gb ram

I downloaded the 'iCloud for Windows' from the Microsoft store.  In the middle of the install I get this:

After 90 minutes on the phone with Apple support we discovered this only happens under my Admin user.   When I grant another user Admin, they then have a successful install.  I experience the same issue on another desktop in our home.   Apple recommended I contact Microsoft support to 'straighten out' my user account.

Also discovered that iTunes is not listed in my programs list in control panel to 'Uninstall' yet when I type iTunes into the search it launches???

- David

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2018 Views 296 Applies to:
Hello I am a fellow community member here to help. I know this is frustrating

When you are having issues with using the Windows Store or its apps you may try to following resolutions

Run the Windows Store app troubleshooter
http://aka.ms/diag_apps10

Reset Windows Store to clear store cache.

Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter

Reboot your PC and try the store and apps again.

If this doesn't help it may be necessary to uninstall and then reinstall a fresh copy of the Windows App store

This can be done as follows

Open an elevated PowerShell prompt
in the taskbar search, type powershell
Right-click on PowerShell and select Run as Administrator

In the resulting window type or copy and paste the following commands

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

Press Enter

Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -online | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage –online

Press Enter

Reboot PC

Then follow the steps in this guide to reinstall a fresh copy of the Windows 10 app store

https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-reinstall-st...

Please let me know if you need any further help

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What happens if you right click the icloud setup file then click Run as administrator? Do you get get the error?
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa
Independent Advisor for Directly

Sorry this didn't help.

Also being unable to install store apps is a known issue. The work around seems to be to logout of the store then log back in and try again

In case you need it here is a guide on how to sign out of the app store.

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-sign-out-of-s...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

When you open the store again and try get an app it will ask you to log back in.

Please let me know if this works for you

Sorry this didn't help.

I do not and have not experienced any issues with Windows Store or any of its apps.

My problem is I get an error (posted in my original post) when attempting to install 'iCloud for Windows' as an Administrator on my desktop.  When I grant another user admin rights they have no problem installing this using the same downloaded setup file.

I need 'iCloud for Windows' installed under my MS user account.

I need to know what is unique about my user account that triggers that error?

Is there any way to "refresh" my user account?   I've had it for a long time and do not want to start anew.

- David

Sorry this didn't help.

My apologies. I misread this as a Windows store app. I know this is frustrating and that you have spent quite some time on this with no fix. May I ask if you have tried the steps in the following help article?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht205788

Sorry this didn't help.

I have created the identical issue on another desktop (Windows 10, i7, 12gb ram).

I've done a complete uninstall of all the Apple software with the assistance of Apple support.  With them we determined that this is user account related.

- David

My issue did not fit into any of the 'pigeon holes' of the categories offered. 

Sorry this didn't help.