Windows 10 Media Player 'cast to' does not work on playlists

Windows Media Player in Windows 10

I can select an individual song and select 'cast to device'. This works fine.

If I select a playlist and select 'cast to device' this does not work. When I try to cast a playlist, no network devices are displayed. 

Worked fine in windows 7 (using 'play to'). Also used to be able to drag and drop individual songs or playlists to network device in Win7, but drag and drop functionality no longer working in Win10 - I have to right click every song and select 'cast to device' and then select appropriate device from list. 

How do I cast an entire WMP playlist with Windows 10? How do I restore drag and drop functionality to the 'cast to device' window?

I have tried the built in troubleshooter - it makes no difference.

Answer
Answer

Hi All,

I hope this helps, but I seem to have found a workaround,

As the OP suggested you appear to be able to only post one track at a time from within Media Player, however, if you open your playlist in edit mode, so its in the left hand pane and cast to device the first track, it will open the cast to device window and start to play, click pause.

Then back in the Media player window, click the second track to highlight  it and then shift and click to highlight all the other tracks, then right click cast to device it will then append all the other tracks from the playlist into the cast to device window as shown below

One thing I have noticed the cast to device does not seem to like WMA files but works happily with MP3

Merry Christmas

Andy

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2024 Views 5,136 Applies to: