"This app is not compatible with this device" error for Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

When I went to Microsoft store to install Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, I saw a message saying that "This app is not compatible with this device."

I already own the game but still it wont let me install it. My PC specs are:

Windows 10 Pro

Version               -          1511

Processor           -           Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160T CPU @ 3.10Ghz   3.10Ghz

Installed RAM    -           4.00GB

System Type       -          64-bit operating system, x64-based processor 

Graphics             -          Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400

Please give me a solution for this problem.

Thank You.

Answer
Answer
Hi Sanjay,
I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

The version is the problem here - minecraft requires at least 1903. You appear to be running a very old build of Windows that is out of service since 2 years.

The fastest way to get the upgrade is through Media creation tool or ISO file.
Please download Media Creation Tool from the link below and select Upgrade this PC at the first screen.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

All steps, including upgrading using ISO file and Media creation tool, are covered here:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2019/11/update...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe.
Sumit

Always include PC Specs, Make and Model of the device. Ensure all the latest quality updates have been installed. It may take multiple replies to reach a satisfactory answer.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hi Sanjay,

Both the Update and Security and manual methods I advised are the same. Because you are running 1511 you should have been offered 190X. It isn't offered if something is not working right, hence in that case you have to go via manual way.
Sumit

Always include PC Specs, Make and Model of the device. Ensure all the latest quality updates have been installed. It may take multiple replies to reach a satisfactory answer.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 8, 2023 Views 6,863 Applies to: