Error Code 0x803FB005

I attempted to do a reset to correct a login problem that suddenly developed and in the process it said it would have to move my apps to the clip board. The fix-it did not fix the problem but now none of my apps function and when I try to access or reinstall I get the 0x803FB005  error message.

I have tried to reinstall via the app store; but after it attempts to reinstall it just repeats the same error message.

Can you help me. I really miss my games and a few other things that require the use of apps.

Question Info

Last updated July 17, 2019 Views 35,217 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Which fixit are you referring to?

Did you try to re-register the apps?

Were all apps from Windows Store or were they ones you downloaded from the Internet or installed from CD/DVD?

Internet and CD/DVD apps would require you reinstall them using the installation media.

A reset should not have caused the problem. You may have to reinstall the system. If you don't have a recovery usb, go to "Create Windows 10 Installation Media". Download the .iso file. 

Once you download the .iso file use a free converter to extract the file. 

Recommended: Pismo File Mount Audit Package

There are other softwares available if you prefer.

Some other freeware ISO burner programs that are available in addition to Free ISO Burner include CDBurnerXP, ImgBurn, InfraRecorder, BurnAware Free, Jihosoft ISO Maker, and Active ISO Burner.

Personally, I recommend ImgBurn. It's very easy to  use.

Pat
As a responsible member of the community, please mark the reply that has resolved your issue. Thank you.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have just come across the same problem and is with Store Apps only started when I installed the lastest fast ring preview build 17661 the strange thing is that it's only some apps other's have installed just fine and there appears to be no pattern to the problem the apps are not related.

10 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I have just come across the same problem and is with Store Apps only started when I installed the lastest fast ring preview build 17661 the strange thing is that it's only some apps other's have installed just fine and there appears to be no pattern to the problem the apps are not related.

Same issue after this Preview update, and all other future fast ring updates after that, still no go on a game I had installed the first fast ring update it worked fine but after 17661 I found my game uninstalled tried to reinstall it and gave me that error code. My current build is 17686, and it appears Microscam hasn't resolved this yet...

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you try the steps I listed earlier?
Pat
As a responsible member of the community, please mark the reply that has resolved your issue. Thank you.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

yup  I do not have a previous recovery image on my PC so I cannot go back I bought the game through windows store

The only option I literally have is to reinstall Windows which I really don't want to do atm, right now the current insider preview installed seems more stable than the springs creators update does. I've reset the windows store and literally tried everything but reinstall windows

Sorry this didn't help.

When downloading a Windows Store App I have found turning off the anti-virus seems to have alleviated the problem then once the app has installed turning it back on again, however, I would not trust this avenue with any non-windows store apps and as always if possible in case of disaster have a clean install of W10 on an external source and make sure you back up any important documents videos and photographs and be prepared for a long process if it does go pear-shaped.  

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah I keep everything in external storage or on my server, I just don't want to set up Plex again. If I didn't have to worry about that then I wouldn't be pondering on reinstalling Windows, lol I have some family members that I share my Plex with so my system servers as a Plex Server too. 

my OS is installed to an m.2 SSD and I have everything else installed on a secondary internal drive,

I keep a copy of Windows 10 copied to a a single thumb drive and I only use it for that purpose so I have other thumb drives if needed.

And before you say I contradicted myself when I said I don't have a recovery image, I meant restore point by that I cannot restore my OS to a previous version, which leaves me to the drastic option of reinstalling Windows.

Sorry this didn't help.

You said you "reset Windows Store". Did you try to re-register the app?

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Question is the game you're trying to install the actual game or has there been an update to it since your initial install?

Launch Windows Store > Click on Settings > Select Downloads and Updates

Click Update All

When finished, try to reinstall the game.

Pat

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

You said you "reset Windows Store". Did you try to re-register the app?

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Question is the game you're trying to install the actual game or has there been an update to it since your initial install?

Launch Windows Store > Click on Settings > Select Downloads and Updates

Click Update All

When finished, try to reinstall the game.

I've tried everything and when I say everything i mean everything, I reset the store the way you described I ran the WSReset.exe run command, I tried the powershell commands, no matter what I try I hit install on the game it pops up with that error code.

To answer your question yes it is the actual game I bought it off the Microsoft Store, It's just the Microsoft store, it's just a craptacular store that Microsoft included within WIndows 10, I am not the only one with this issue. Look in the store look up that error code and you'll find many are in the same boat as me.

I downloaded Halo Wars 2 it was playing fine up until Microsoft came up with their second Redstone 5 update, I am currently on preview build 17686 which is 4 -5 updates later and this issue still hasn't been resolved. I have turned off the fast ring and went to slow ring.

Everything else seems to install fine but that game.

Microsoft really needs to focus on fixing their store, Just revamping it and making it pretty doesn't change the fact that it's the worse app store ever. If you polish a turd in the end it's still a turd...

I included some screenshots...

If this issue get resolved or another version fixes this let me know...

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Walk through these steps. You may have to walk through them twice but see if it fixes the problem with installing games.

Fix Windows Update issues

Pat

Sorry this didn't help.