Win10 - (after OS reset) App crashes when downloading content

Had to reset my OS, as Win10 got corrupted (on boot, got the blue screen with the :(  ).

Reinstalled my app (JW Library) and it opens fine. However when I try to download content within the app (not an in-app purchase, but the app downloads epubs, videos and other items), it shuts down immediately. Get thie follow event log entry every time.

I tried WsReset  and still crashes. I tried the steps here (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/windows-10-photo-app-crashing/8d52f740-f308-4352-b930-5cb040585255?tab=question&status=AllReplies) and still crashes (

troubleshooter and sfc)

The app worked fine before the OS had "issues"

Faulting application name: JWLibrary.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x584ec6d8
Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.14393.206, time stamp: 0x57daca78
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x000000000006d1c4
Faulting process id: 0x1b54
Faulting application start time: 0x01d29f9242bfd396
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\WatchtowerBibleandTractSo.45909CDBADF3C_8.2.7328.0_x64__5rz59y55nfz3e\JWLibrary.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\twinapi.appcore.dll
Report Id: 1ccac6d1-5c28-4112-9aef-69a691141027
Faulting package full name: WatchtowerBibleandTractSo.45909CDBADF3C_8.2.7328.0_x64__5rz59y55nfz3e
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

|

Hello,

Let's troubleshoot the issue by performing the steps below:

Method 1: Reset the app settings

1. Press Windows key + I, then select System.

2. Go to Apps & features. Click on the JW Library app.

3. Click on Advanced options, then click on Reset.

Method 2: Run PowerShell

We recommend running the following PowerShell script to re-register the Windows Store.

1. Press Windows key + X, then select Command Prompt (Admin).

2. In the command prompt, enter the following command:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}

3. Reboot your computer.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the steps from MrAbhishekDatta on this thread.

Update us on the outcome.

Regards.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry for the delay - thanks for the help

Neither of these items worked. Each time I tried download content, the app crashes.

Additionally, a lot of my items in the Start Menu have down arrows. When I click on those items, a Tips app appears with info about "Get online" - showing how to connect to Wifi, despite me already being connected that way.

One last related strange item - after resetting my PC, I installed the Office suite. When I go to Cortana and type Word, only "wordpad" shows up as an entry. But Word (and the other apps) are there in the left part of the Start Menu, when I scroll down.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

We suggest that you run the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files. It is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. Check this article for more information.

Keep us updated with the result.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Beginning system scan.  This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Cortana still doesn't show the re-installed office apps. If I enter "Word" in the "Ask me anything" box next to the start icon, the only app is "Wordpad"

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

It sounds like the cause of this issue is related to some updates or programs installed on your PC. We recommend that you download installation media and use it to restore your PC. Kindly check this link as a guide on how to use installation media to restore your PC.

Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 29, 2021 Views 4,044 Applies to: