Problems with Kindle on Windows 10

I have a Yoga 3 pro with Windows 10.  I downloaded the latest Kindle for PC app, as advised by an on screen message, but was unable to get any response from the Kindle icons (font size, words per line, etc).  I contacted Kindle support but none of the solutions proposed made any difference.My final plea for help, brought a response from Kindle Support, to the effect that there is no Kindle for`PC app for Windows10.  If that is so then that should have been the reply to my first enquiry.  I still find it difficult to accept that there is no Windows 10 app for Kindle.  Have I been properly informed?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro and just downloaded the Kindle app from the Store, and it seems to be working just fine:

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for this info.  I thought the Kindle response was unlikely.  I shall have to take it up with them.

Many thanks,

Tony

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, but the app from the Windows store doesn't seem to support AZW4.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

OK, but what is AZW4?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

AZW4 is a proprietary Amazon format used mainly for textbooks.  It's supported in the Kindle for PC app but not in the Windows Store app, but will be at some time in the future, apparently.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your reply.  I'm still trying to find a Kindle app that works on my Windows 10, and I am wondering if your Windows 10 Pro is different from my recently upgraded Windows 10 and perhaps could account for your success and my failure.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In still can't get a fully functioning Kindle on my Yoga 3 with Windows 10 installed.  I note that you have Windows 10 Pro.  Could this be the crucial difference?  Also do you a Settings function that could lead you to change the default dictionary?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having problems with Kindle books on my Lenovo Twist that I install Windows 10 on.  I can get books from my library but I can't use any of the search or navigation features.  I have to swipe every page, I can't access any bookmarks and the location slide at the bottom doesn't show up to let me jump back to my last location.  Anyone have a suggestion?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having problems with Kindle books on my Lenovo Twist that I install Windows 10 on.  I can get books from my library but I can't use any of the search or navigation features.  I have to swipe every page, I can't access any bookmarks and the location slide at the bottom doesn't show up to let me jump back to my last location.  Anyone have a suggestion?

Are you using the desktop Kindle app or the Windows Store app?  Whichever you're using, have you tried the other?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When I first encountered the Kindle problem some weeks ago I tried both the Amazon Kindle app and the Microsoft app, and neither worked properly.  However I decided to give your suggestion a try.  I uninstalled the Amazon Kindle app, and tried to install the Microsoft app.  The screen informed me that it was already installed (although it wasn't!).  Having nothing to lose I installed Amazon Kindle app again, and lo and behold it worked!  I still have to find a way of getting my existing library and collections across, but that is minor.  I can only think that Amazon have been making adjustments to the app in the intervening weeks.  Thank you for your intervention.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2023 Views 10,380 Applies to: