[Title] can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected

Hello all,

Almost every App I have acquired via the Microsoft Store is returning the following error when I try to run it:  [Title] can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected.

Mostly, these are games from within the XBox Beta App (I have an Ultimate Games Pass) But it also applies to apps acquired from the Store (eg Minecraft and EnPass Password Manager).  I have tried reinstalling things via the Store and the Xbox apps with no success. The only thing that does seem to work correctly is the Whatsapp Desktop app.  The XBox Beta App, as well as the Game Bar, seem to run.  I'm currently downloading a "new" game through the Xbox Beta app now to see if I get anywhere.

I've tried reinstalling both the games and the XBox Beta app as well as the XBox Game Bar itself on the suggestion of other discussions relating to this topic I've searched for on the web, but I'm not having any luck. The machine is online, there is plenty of storage and up until now, everything's been great.

Thanks for your help,

Dav

Answer
Answer
Hi Dav,

I'm Paul, a fellow customer like you & an Independent Advisor. Kindly try to go through all the steps/links below & see if it fixes your issue.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/402749...

What are the complete name of the games affected?
Also, what's your Windows 10 version & build? Kindly search/open "winver" to find out.

I hope this helps. Let me know how you go. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Paul A.
Independent Advisor

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2024 Views 24,558 Applies to: