JASC Paint Shop Pro 8 with Windows 10

Original title: Windows 10 does not find a program that is on my computer

Just added windows 10.  When I click on a photo icon and right click to open it with JASC Paint Shop Pro 8, windows installer comes up and wants to configure the program.  It then tells me that it is on a cd-rom or other removable disk.  Insert the installer disk and click OK.  I do not have it with me and click cancel.  Then the program (JASC Paint Shop Pro 8) opens.  I do not want to go through this every time I want to work on a picture.  How do I fix it?  John

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

It shows that your program needs an upgrade.

See this : Compatibility check  or you may also try to install  the program in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

Install the JASC Paint Shop Pro 8 in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Open the DVD folder.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows (Steps applies to Windows 10)

If the issue persists, Paint Shop Pro

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni

16 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have had JASC PSP8 for almost 10 years, and last night my computer began upgrading to Windows 10 without my permission or any warning. I even had some word docs open and PSP. Fortunately my word docs were fine, but I also can't access my PSP because I no longer (or at least we can't find) the disc to upload again. If there is a problem with compatibility, it probably doesn't matter, but is there a way to get a reasonably priced upgrade (I know it is now owned by Corel) or what is comparable and won't break the bank? Thanks!

89 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 25, 2020 Views 7,468 Applies to: