How to crop, resize and enhance a photo in Windows 10

Technical Level : Basic

Summary
If you want to make quick edits to your photos, Windows 10 has all you need in built in. Microsoft Paint and Photos provide powerful editing tools you can use to crop, cut, resize and touch photos. There is no need to download a third party editor for common tasks. Here is a quick look at using both
Details

The following looks at using Photos or Microsoft Paint to crop a photos.

You can use Microsoft Paint or Photos app to do that and its in Windows 10.

Click the Edit button (pencil icon) or press Ctrl + E

Click Crop

Resize the anchors to your desire then click the Check Mark

In Microsoft Paint, use the Crop Selection button, then select the area of the photo you want to Crop, then click Crop.

If you want to resize, under the same Home tab, click Resize, then enter dimensions:

Resources:

Forum Article Info

Last updated November 16, 2019 Views 115,235 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

After resizing the photo and clicking on the done button, either nothing happens or computer leaves photos all together. any help?
Since upgrade to windows 10 non of the suggestions on enlarging images have worked. I need to print needlework charts larger. Tried in Paint, pics appear to enlarge but print out the same size.  Find nd no options to enlarge in Photo
Is anyone experiencing a "choppy" effect when trying to adjust the cropping lines in Win 10 insider Builds using the built-in Photo editor?
I want to crop a photo in height only or width only, in Windows Photos.  I could do this previously.  The only option now is a diagonal drag.  What happened? 

For a while now, I have been unable to crop photos like I used to :(

I used to be able to select the area I wanted to crop but now it only lets me crop from right to left and I am not able to select the area I want to crop. When it crops, I have to put my cursor into the middle of the photo to move the area cropped but it never gives a satisfactory crop.  

Everything seemed fine until I got an update, I didn't realise it had updated until I realised that things looked different :/

Can anyone please help me or recommend another good photo editor?

Thank you very much in advance :)

I want to crop a photo in height only or width only, in Windows Photos.  I could do this previously.  The only option now is a diagonal drag.  What happened? 

This is exactly what has happened to me! Soooooooooo frustrating! Did you ever manage to get it fixed?

Since the latest Microsoft update to WIN10 the layout of the edit screen is different and no matter how I try I cannot seem to make this edit function work any more.

Since the latest Microsoft update to WIN10 the layout of the edit screen is different and no matter how I try I cannot seem to make this edit function work any more.

It is so annoying that since the update, it does not work!

Can anyone help us? Or tell us if we can uninstall the update?

Moderators, can you reply please?

I am searching online for answers and found this. I am going to start a new thread in the hope that I get answers and help. If I get any answers, I will reply back on this thread to let you all know

On the new topic I posted, I have been given a "fix".

When you click on 'crop and rotate' you need to click on ASPECT RATIO and select CUSTOM

This seems to be working for me and I am now able to crop photos satisfactorily :D