Windows 10 mail or outlook 365

I have been getting 'your settings are out of date' sporadically with both Windows 10 mail and Outlook 365.

My settings aren't out of date as nothing changes and then the IMAP sync works correctly for several days, then occasionally I get a few of these out of date errors popping up. If I do nothing, it resolves itself about 5 to 10 minutes later.

Why is this happening?

I have checked all my settings are as stated in this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/your-account-settings-are-out-of-date-in-mail-or-calendar-for-windows-10-4484de9e-66b2-46a9-8459-6ca1fcc110b4#:~:text=To%20fix%20this%20error%2C%20use,sync%20settings%20%3E%20Advanced%20mailbox%20settings.

As it is not just me suffering this problem from a quick internet search, I can only assume it is something to do with Microsoft?

I spoke with my IMAP server provider and I don't get the issue if I log on to my mail accounts directly with a browser, so it is obviously an annoying glitch with Mail and Outlook 365.

I have the same question. 

• This has been going on since an automatic Windows 10 update in mid-July. 
  • When I click on the "Fix account" button in the error bar at the top of the mail page and then go through the 2 minute process, the Windows Mail  program will then function normally for anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours and then the account settings error happens again. 
  • I have gone through the program repair procedure for Mail in Settings and it did not fix the problem. 
  • I can open, download and send email okay by using webmail and logging into gmail.  I do not like to use webmail because it is clunky and awkward. 
  • I can use the mail apps on my iPhone and iPad without difficulty. 
  • The symptoms point toward a Microsoft issue

Microsoft, Please Fix This ASAP

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I completely endorse everything GR has said, to the letter. I am experiencing the exact same thing both in terms of the problem and the temporary nature of the 'Fix'. This has to be Microsoft related as it only happened after the recent update. Not good enough Microsoft and no indication from an official source that there are side issues from the update or how to fix them permanently. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ditto, Ditto.  This started after my system upgraded the other day and now it happens about every 10 minutes.  Thanks for the suggestion to to webmail - but I agree that it is awkward and clunky.  Seems that IT IS TIME FOR MICROSOFT TO FIX THIS SO THAT WE ARE NOT ALL WASTING OUR TIME

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 98 Applies to: