Windows 10 Mail App Create/Delete folder

There is no create/delete email folder menu tool available.  This feature  was available in the Windows 8.1 Mail and also it was available when  I upgraded to Windows 10-but, soon thereafter there was  another minor upgrade to Windows 10 that changed the appearance of the Mail app----then I noticed for whatever reason the menu to create/delete email folders was left out of the Mail app.  There is a way to move email to a previous made folder--but, there is no way  in the  app to create a new folder.   I have tried several other PC's running Windows 10 that have the same issue.  --------are there others out there having the same issues-if please let me know.  8.10.2015.  Note   This is not an issue with Outlook only with the Windows 10 Mail app.

Question Info

Last updated June 13, 2019 Views 6,846 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per your issue, I regret to inform you that option is not available but you can provide the feedback directly to us through the Mail app. We at Microsoft strive to give the best customer experience and satisfaction.

Please post us if you need any help with Windows and we will be happy to help.

Thank you. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What idiot decided to take out that functionality? Something as basic as creating a new folder should be standard in the app. This is a step backwards!

32 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Please can we have the create/delete function back for email folders as soon as possible? It is totally ludicrous not to be able to make more folders as new topics arise, and to be lumbered with a list of unused and unwanted ones.

Sorry this didn't help.

Agreed!

Please restore this function so that I can get my mail inbox sorted.

There also doesn't seem to be a way to save the e-mails in this app. Was that the case with Windows 8?

I was still using outlook which let you save an e-mail as a Word document if you wanted to declutter your inbox. Any ideas how it can be done?

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

We are in total agreement with this message thread.

Please restore this 'Create/Delete' Folder function in Windows 10 Mail so we can effectively sort and organize the mail in our inbox.

We thought Windows 10 was supposed to fix the bugs of Windows 8.  It seems that each update we received after our Windows 10 install has cause one additional problem after another.   Please enable/restore the Create Folder function in Windows 10 Mail as soon as possible.  Technology can be GREAT, if and WHEN it is working properly.

Thanks for your help!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks to  this email oversight, and the fact that  the print facility is dodgy too, I have ditched Windows 10 and reinstalled 8.1. I found all the emails that were missing when I upgraded to 10 were back in their correct folders in 8.1!

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I'm experiencing the same issues!

And, to quote you.

"There is no create/delete email folder menu tool available.  This feature  was available in the Windows 8.1 Mail and also it was available when  I upgraded to Windows 10-but, soon thereafter there was  another minor upgrade to Windows 10 that changed the appearance of the Mail app----then I noticed for whatever reason the menu to create/delete email folders was left out of the Mail app.  There is a way to move email to a previous made folder--but, there is no way  in the  app to create a new folder.   I have tried several other PC's running Windows 10 that have the same issue. Note: This is not an issue with Outlook, only with the Windows 10 Mail app".

If I may add.

Windows 10 is supposed to be an "up-grade", not a down-grade! How can an "Inventor" leave out something as crucial as the Creating and Deleting of Folders in the E-Mail, and which is a Main Part of the function/use of a computer? No one needs a cluttered In-Box! Please, bring back the ability to Create and  Delete Folders. So, I/we can "Organize My/our Mails/In-Box"...please!

E. Lawrence

Sorry this didn't help.

Please restore this 'Create/Delete' Folder function in Windows 10 Mail so we can effectively sort and organize the mail in our inbox.

We thought Windows 10 was supposed to fix the bugs of Windows 8.  It seems that each update we received after our Windows 10 install has cause one additional problem after another.   Please enable/restore the Create Folder function in Windows 10 Mail as soon as possible.  Technology can be GREAT, if and WHEN it is working properly.

Thanks for your help!

I'm in agreement also!

Please enable/restore the Create Folder function in Windows 10 Mail as soon as possible.

Thank you so very much!!!!

E. Lawrence

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your help!

I'm in agreement also!

Please enable/restore the Create Folder function in Windows 10 Mail as soon as possible.

Thank you so very much!!!!

I am absolutely astonished at Microsoft action in withdrawing this facility. Please

restore it as  soon as possible unless you want massive bad press .

Sorry this didn't help.

I have exactly the same issues and am examining ways to dump windows 10 in favour of windows 8 .

sinc I feel that windows 10 is a downgrade not an upgrade.

There is no create/delete email folder menu tool available.  This feature  was available in the Windows 8.1 Mail and also it was available when  I upgraded to Windows 10-but, soon thereafter there was  another minor upgrade to Windows 10 that changed the appearance of the Mail app----then I noticed for whatever reason the menu to create/delete email folders was left out of the Mail app.  There is a way to move email to a previous made folder--but, there is no way  in the  app to create a new folder.   I have tried several other PC's running Windows 10 that have the same issue.  --------are there others out there having the same issues-if please let me know.  8.10.2015.  Note   This is not an issue with Outlook only with the Windows 10 Mail app.

Sorry this didn't help.