Win 10 mail app sync error 0x86000c09

To summarize, I am no longer able to sync messages from Exchange

2 Win 10 devices going to a GoDaddy hosted Exchange account

Both were working

Performed a clean install on my Surface Pro

Will not DL or sync email messages but empty folders show up

I have removed device registration using OWA/options and added account and reboot many times

I removed my account from second device and now that one will not sync

Active Sync test connectivity test is ok

Log from OWA shows the following

Command_WorkerThread_Exception :
--- Exception start ---
Exception type: System.InvalidOperationException
Exception message: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

Can anyone suggest additional steps I can take to resolve this issue? Outlook 2013 works fine from both devices but I need a more tablet friendly app on the Surface Pro.

TIA

Question Info

Last updated January 23, 2019 Views 15,177 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

I had encountered the same issue last night when I booted my PC up. I also chatted to two technicians and both did not resolve the problem, so I decided to do some investigation myself.

I managed to resolve the error myself.

The Mail app on Windows 10 was using my Hotmail account, so I decided to log into Outlook with that account via the web interface. Once there I went to Options -> General -> Mobile Devices (the left hand side task bar). There I could see a number of 'mobile devices' that were synchronized. If you select the 'Detail' icon you can get further details about the device that it is synchronizing with or synchronized. I then selected the 'Remove' icon on the 'Device' that was having issues syncing. After it is processed and I refreshed using the 'Refresh' icon, I proceeded to re-sync using the Mail app on Windows 10. It properly synchronized and a new 'mobile device' appeared on the list.

This worked for me and may work for you. However I am unsure of the full consequences of the 'Remove' feature, so use at your own risk. I hope if you use this method above that it works, as it worked for me.

Kind regards,

Christopher.

73 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.