Win 10 Mail app does not sync all sent folder

Ok I'm going through the excruciating pain of moving from WLM 2012 to Win 10 mail app. So what I see is the sent folder NOT syncing all the emails. I see 610 via the web but I only see 6 in the Mail App. My inbox and my newly created folders do fully sync. I have read some where that the sent only sync the last month - why ???? is there any work around or fix planned ?

I have to admit this whole email switch is a total pain - you would think Microsoft would at least try to make things easy!!! and yes the Win 10 Mail app sucks big time...

Hello,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft help article and check if it resolves this issue.

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Resolve-Sync-issues-in-Mail-and-Calendar-apps-in-Windows-10-0dd86c69-18f3-4f73-9d3d-375bdc9c3e34

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I went through all those steps. It's JUST the sent folder.. It only syncs the last month. All other folders sync everything

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So I have found a hacky way to get around the arbitrary 1 month limit sync for the sent folder - even though the settings say sync all of the messages.

From the web client create a new folder called "Sent Syncing" or something, you will delete it latter on , and then on the win 10 mail app click sync circle thing on the inbox. Now under folders you should see the "Sent Syncing" folder in the mail app.

Go back to the web client and select ALL the items in the sent folder and use the "Move to" to move them to the "Sent Syncing" folder. Repeat for each page in the web client (unless there is way to show more than the 20 or so items).

Now go to the Mail app and select the "Sent Syncing" folder and click on the "sync" circle. Wait until the sync has finished. Check all the items are in there. Now use <Ctrl-A> to slect all the messages in the "Sent Syncing" folder and then right click on one of the items and use the "Move" option to move them all to the sent folder.

Now go to the sent folder in the Mail app and click on the "sync" circle and wait for it to finish.

Now go to the Web client and check that all the items are back in the sent folder and the "Sent Syncing" folder is now empty. Delete the "Sent Syncing" folder.

Now you have all the sent messages on your mail app. Amy new message sent will be synced but it looks like the Mail app does not remove items that are > 1 month old so they remain

Of course if the data gets removed from your PC or you delete/add the account you will have to repeat. Also it does not work if you send a message with the web client and don't start you mail App for 1 month.

No idea if this will help people but Microsoft please fix the damn Mail app if you want people to move off WLM 2012.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

Glad its not only me whos having a nightmare with the Mail App. Talk about slow to receive e mails. Have also got issues transferring mail from Live Mail to the new Mail App. Have tried to no avail. Totally endorse your thoughts. The Mail App needs some serious looking at.

Cheers

Eddie

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I hope the above information helps.

--> No

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows.

--> Please fix this bug. It is completely unbelievable that such a simple thing does not work out.

We are glad to assist you.

--> Assistance would mean to post a solution or offer a fix. The mentioned link "Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10" has nothing to do with the question.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 1,757 Applies to: