Sign in to Btinternet using Mail app in Windows 10

Why can't I sign in to Btinternet. Trying to set up email on brand new computer, Gmail no problems but I keep getting "attention required" when setting up Btinternet. If I re-inset my password it keeps going round in circles asking me to "attention required" If I try to fix via settings I keep seeing a 16 "spot" password but despite deleting this and putting in my correct BT password - back to "attention required - settings out of date". I have tried deleting the account and starting again, contacted BT who say the problem lies with Windows, tried re-setting my password to log in to BT, running the app troubleshooter, swearing (softly) but it will not resolve the problem. 

Help!

Original Title/Subject: Windows Mail

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

Hi Sue,

Mail app for Windows 10 has a feature that allows adding an email accounts from other email service providers. This gives users a convenience so they will not bother themselves to sign out, then sign in their other email accounts just to check them one by one from a browser. To add another email account to your primary account, you can visit this link: Set up email in Mail for Windows 10 for instructions.

For Advanced setup, make sure that you have the IMAP or POP3 correct configuration from your email service provider to add an email account on this Mail app.

Let us know if you have more questions.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 22, 2024 Views 1,523 Applies to: