Error Code: 0x80048103 - unable to use any app that needs a windows account.

Machine: Dell XPS 12 (9Q33)

Software: Windows 10

Error Code: 0x80048103

Summary:

Woke up a few days back and noticed a notification saying that the Mail app could not retrieve my messages. When I checked it out I discovered that my email was no longer syncing. I attempted to sign out, but this is impossible apparently when using your primary Microsoft account that you setup the computer with. After searching the internet I was directed to check that my account information was correct and that the region information locally matched the one selected on my account. My account information was accurate, however, with regards to region my local one was set to the United States while my Microsoft Account was set to Jamaica which I am from. I then changed both to the United State and restarted, but no luck. I did this because I am currently on a visit to the states. I then tried changing both to Jamaica, but to no avail.

I later checked Email and Accounts under settings and realized that I did not yet verify my computer although, it does appear under devices when I check my microsoft account online. Clicking the verify link under settings, however, does nothing at all. Now there is just an attention required notification next to my microsoft account and things like the Store and Groove also no longer enabled to buy/Download. As you can imagine this is very frustrating.

Perhaps relevant:

Date and Time Zone are set to automatic, but also tried manually setting it.

Location is on, and internet connection is fine.

Tried a system restore, but no luck.

I don't wish to reset my computer as this is a work machine and I also need to know the cause in case it happens again.

Question Info

Last updated October 9, 2019 Views 3,119 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

I was frustrated and just transferred my files to an external hard drive and reset the computer. It's working now.

Trying to avoid the issue next time by verifying my pc from the get go. Hopefully that was it. If you have any other ideas what could have lead to it I am still open to advice.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.