Add Contacts list to windows 10 Mail

I put my contacts list from Windows Vista computer on a flash drive file.  I want to add the file to my Windows 10 Mail system, but can't figure out how to do it.  Any ideas? 

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

I would like to inform you that as Windows Vista and Windows 10 are two different operating system, so the steps you are trying to perform may not work in Windows 10. However if you want, you can go ahead and try to import the contacts but we are not sure if it will work and also we do not recommend it.

If you need further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your reply.  I would like to try to import my contacts list, and my favorites list as well, as this will save me many tedious hours of effort.  Given that previous editions of Windows easily allowed the import of such lists, to include contacts or address book entries and favorites lists, I am dumbfounded that Microsoft wouldn't included this option in Windows 10.

That being said, please provide me the step-by-step instructions for importing my favorites and contacts lists from the flash drive, on which they are contained as files, to my Windows 10 software. 

Thank you in advance.  

27 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I returned my new computer with Windows 10 to the vendor and got my money back.  Until Microsoft makes Windows 10 Mail as user friendly and functional as Outlook, I will continue to use my current version of Windows, Vista, and won't buy Windows 10 until improvements are made. 

157 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

After re-reading my post I thought it completely off-topic for this thread, so have removed it.

Contacts are available in the People app. It would be good to be able to have this presented within the Mail app, too. I don't believe that the two apps need to be merged, but it would be good if the experience was more seamless. Thanks!

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Here I am in January 2016 encountering similar issues with email and finding no help on any forums. Bought a new desktop with Windows 10 and cannot get my Comcast email AND contacts to sync. I got the email messages to sync but the contacts will not. If I go into People and try to add Comcast, I get a message that the account already exists, HOWEVER it does not show up on the list of accounts under PEOPLE and it says I have no contacts. I too am about ready to take this back and go replace the hard drive in my old computer instead. Please help! I have loaded several updates and every time I turn off my computer I get more. I assume that is so my computer won't be updating for hours. Is there a fix in an update that you can give me a link to or is this still an unresolved issue? Comcast forums are of no help either. Seems they know about the issue but all anyone says is to update the computer, which I've done again and again.

13 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here.  I need my contacts and can't find any help anywhere.  so difficult to use.  wish I would have stayed with windows 7!

18 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Barbara,

If you are not using any Microsoft email services, such as Outlook.com, Office 365, or Exchange Online, I recommend that you take a look at two email clients:

MailBird:

http://www.getmailbird.com/

Mozilla Thunderbird:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

Recent discussions about Mailbird are, unfortunately, highlighting some issues with Contact syncing. But, that might be specific to some email services (like Comcast) but I don't know.

If your Comcast email service is provided to you using the POP3 or IMAP email protocols you may find that these two client have better support than the default Windows 8/10 Mail app.

I have all of my email accounts on Outlook.com, so I want to use Microsoft's email protocol called Exchange ActiveSync (EAS). Unfortunately, neither MailBird nor Thunderbird support this protocol and so I haven't moved to them.

The other option is move away from Comcast, to Outlook.com (or, Gmail). Microsoft's email service is rock-solid. The only frustrating part of the experience is their free Outlook Mail app that comes with Windows 10. They really do need to make Outlook (from Office) available as an option to be purchased separately for individuals.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

How do I create an email contact folder with Win 10?

25 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I had a contact list with Windows 7. I want it transferred to my Windows 10 email.

12 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

You can only do it in a browser.

In your browser, go to people.live.com

Import the contacts

7 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 17, 2020 Views 19,208 Applies to: