Windows 10 Mail will not access my Road Runner email

I had been using Windows Mail 2012 after upgrading to Windows 10.  Last weeks email telling me that Windows Mail 2012 will not be supported after 6/2016 motivated me to try Windows 10 Mail again.  I have two email account, a live account and a Road Runner email account.  Windows 10 will not add my Road Runner account.  I enter different or POP email to begin to set it up. Enter my email address and password for that account and always get a reply " unable to add this address" with Cancel or Try Again. 

I had my Road Runner email synching with Windows Mail 2012.  Frustrated that Windows Mail 10 won't synch.  I can synch my email addresses on my iPhone but not on Windows Mail 10.......

|

... Windows [Live] Mail 2012 will not be supported after 6/2016 ...

I think you misunderstood the email. The only thing that is changing as far as I am aware is that the Outlook.com account to which the email was sent will be upgraded to Outlook Mail soon after 30 June. This will prevent you from being able to synchronize its mail messages and folders and its calendar if you sign in with the same account. I don't think anything else is changing, so your RR account should continue as before.

I hope someone else will be along to explain why you were unable to add this address in the W10 Mail app.

Noel Burgess | Certified Pedant

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I reached out to a family member who is into IT.  Basically to get Windows 10 Mail to accept an Imap or POP email address you need to do the following.

1) Open Windows 10 Mail find "Add Account"

2) if you have a POP account ( my Road Runner is POP) scroll down to POP/Imap

3) enter your email address and the password for that email address

4) You will get a message that your email or password are not correct.. you will get a choice to cancel or try again. Enter try again until you notice it turns to Advanced settings. (2 or 3 try agains)

5) enter all of the information the pop email address, the password for that email,

your pop-server........ and stmp-server....... addresses.  

6)notice the 4 boxes at the  bottom of the information.  I needed to unselect SSL for incoming and out going.

7) now I get my Road Runner email at the same time I pick up my live.com mail using Windows 10 Mail program.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

MarthaLandon,

In another thread, I found this answer that works for several:

NelsonDonnell replied on 
  • Insider

What I just did to get the Windows 10 mail software to retrieve and sync my Road Runner email account was that I set the incoming port setting to pop.roadrunner.com:110 and the outgoing port to smtp.roadrunner.com:587.

Make sure to uncheck the SSL requirement boxes too. You can find other settings at http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/faqs/faqs-internet/e-mailacco/incoming-outgoing-server-addresses.html .

- I just selected POP3 (or Advanced settings) and Copy & Pasted the Incoming and Outgoing settings with the colons and port numbers, just as shown above.

The thread is: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/e-mail-road-runner-is-not-working-on-mail-app-on/2896e9c0-79c6-4f7d-9d11-9842a4901f14

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 8, 2021 Views 7,080 Applies to: