Question

Q: Windows 10 mail app shows alias as main account instead of my main email. This thread is locked from future replies

I have a big issue on all my Windows 10 desktop and Phone (insider and regular) mail app.

I log in on all my machines and phones with my main Microsoft account however the mail/calendar app on my Insider Phone and desktop and on my regular updated Surface 3 with Windows 10 today grab an alias as my main account in the Mail/Calendar app. :(

I had a little fix for it by adding my main MS account as a new account and deactivated the sync of email (turn off view calendar) but that doesn't always work. I get an error sometimes adding my main account.

How can I fix that the Win 10 on Desktop and Phone sees my main account I log in with on my devices as the main MS account in the Mail app?

Answer

A:

I had the same issue and found a reg key that has the alias email, I changed it and the mail and calendar app now uses the correct account

• Click on the start button and type "regedit". Run the Registry Editor.
  • Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Active Sync -> Partners then click on the folder that's underneath
  •  look for one with a "Email" key that matches your Alias.  Change the Email key in this account to correct one

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer

A:

Just what I got as well. Ask me to fix, delete and setup again which is not possible.

however the alias that is showing wrong in my app is jus cosmetic we found out. All mail send from this account does show up at addressee with the correct email. Please try sending an email from that account to another email and check it.

Johan van Mierlo | Community Moderator Windows Phone | www.mobilityminded.com |

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1,836 Last updated: January 3, 2018 Applies to: