WINDOWS 10 MAIL APP - EMAIL STUCK IN OUTBOX

I have a webmail email account (GMX) which I added to the Windows 10 Mail app.  My inbox is working well, however, I am not able to send emails.  They end up in the outbox without actually going out.   The test emails that I tried to send have no attachments so it's not a file size issue.  I also updated the mail app thru the Windows store and ran the Windows 10 app troubleshooter without success.   Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank you!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Question Info

Last updated October 22, 2019 Views 33,518 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

For us to resolve your issue, kindly provide the following information below:

• Are you able to receive emails properly?
  • Is there any error message showing when you try to send those emails? If yes, kindly provide it for us.
  • On which platform are you trying to send those emails?

Regards.

20 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

• yes, I am able to receive emails properly
  • no error messages
  • I am not sure about the answer to your third question.  I am using Windows 10, webmail account (gmx.com) thru the mail app that came already installed with the laptop ( also available through the windows store - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/mail-and-calendar/9wzdncrfhvqm ).  I went through the process of adding an email account to the mail app by selecting the "other account (POP/IMAP) option" 
Thank you

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. If still no good, try to reinstall the Mail app. Let us know if it works for you.

Kind regards.

Sorry this didn't help.

I ran the troubleshooter and got the following error mssg:

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I reinstalled the mail app and I am still not able to send messages.  I ran the troubleshooter and got an error mssg (see other reply)

Sorry this didn't help.

To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you reconfigure your email account and check the server settings of your Windows 10 mail app.

With the error you received when running the Windows app troubleshooter, you may run the System File Checker tool and the System Update Readiness tool.

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have followed all these suggestions that were listed above, as has our IT tech, and for those of us using Windows 10 mail on our staff (at least 4 of our staff members), our outgoing emails are still stuck in the Outbox for our IMAP email accounts.

When I ran the Troubleshooter, I received the error message saying the Windows Store Cache may be damaged, so I ran the System File Checker, which determined that there were no missing or corrupted files.

The email works fine for incoming, so we know it's not an issue with our server. This definitely seems to be a Windows 10 glitch. When sending emails out, we need to use webmail because the Windows 10 mail app is not functioning correctly. We also occasionally get the message: Your *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account settings are out-of-date and gives me the choice to Fix Account or Dismiss. I always click on Fix Account and re-enter my password, but it doesn't change the Outbox issue.

I'm wondering if it might be a Port issue. But if that's the case, how do I change the Port in the account setup?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

T0 adjust the ports used in the Mail app, you can do the following.

From the Mail app click on Settings -> Manage Accounts -> <your email account>.

1. From the Account settings dialog, select Change mailbox sync settings, and then scroll down to the bottom of the dialog and select Advanced mailbox settings to display the incoming and outgoing email servers.
    1. Incoming email server You can get this information from your ISP or administrator. Usually, an incoming mail server address is in the format of mail.contoso.com or imap.google.com. For many email accounts, you can find this information in our POP and IMAP server name reference.
    2. Outgoing (SMTP) email server You can get this information from your ISP or administrator. Usually, an outgoing email server address is in the format of mail.contoso.com or smtp.contoso.com.
    3. The servers are setup to use the server name (mail.contoso.com) followed by a colon (:) and then the port number followed by another colon and then another number (usually 1).  If the server name is valide, you will only want to change the number between the two colons.

NOTES:

• This can be done for accounts that use POP3 of IMAP for incoming email and SMTP for outgoing email.. 
  • You may need to contact your email provider to determine what ports they support for POP3/IMAP and SMTP. 

For additional information on using advanced account setup options see the article: Set up email in Mail for Windows 10

18 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello from Microsoft support in India. 

Thank you many for your question. 

I am happy to be have able to help you. 

I am sorry that you having problem with this problem. 

Please follow the following steps to correct problem described. 

Please make sure you have most updated drivers by going to Windows update and updating anything that needs to be updated.  

Next, please make sure you have most current version of drivers from your manufacturer.  This makes sure email program works correctly.  We are not sure why hardware drivers will effect a poorly coded email application from Microsoft, but we do like saying for you to update your drivers, this includes drivers for sound and your CD drive. 

Next, is the important part.  Please make sure to turn off your computer.  Then make sure to unplug it from power source.  The is is advised to please find the power switch to your dwelling and turn off all current that would supply your dwelling.  Next, please contact your local power company and have them turn off power to electrical grid that powers your dwelling.  

Then, in reverse order, reestablish power to the city grid, then your home, then plug your computer back in, and power ON the computer.  This will ensure a clean start so we can make sure the poorly coded email software is not a result of the computer having been ON for more than an hour.  If you leave a Microsoft device ON for longer than an hour, the native software programs begin to develop bugs.  

Next please make sure that you have most recent edition of Windows 10 and email software.  Just to makes sure do it again, a third time.  

We hope this has solved your problem.  

64 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I have done all of the above.  No errors.  Problem persists.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.