Mail App Does Not Work on my Dell Laptop

Has anyone found the solution to the issue of not being able to send/receive any emails via the outlook app?  I have an @Hotmail.com email address and it was working as recent as April, but since then it doesn't work and when I try to manually sync it I get an error message.  I have a Dell Laptop, but I can send/receive emails fine on my iPhone.   Seems like some more junk Microsoft has come out with that we have to use but none of them even know how to fix it.  Any help would be appreciated.
Answer
Answer

Hi Dan,

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted mail app settings. I suggest you to try the methods below and check if this helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to download and run the Modern UI App troubleshooter and check. This tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

Method 2:

Try to update Mail app from Windows store and see if that makes any difference.

Step 1: Follow the steps mentioned below to check for updates under Store for Mail app:

1. From Start Screen, type Store and click on Store.
  2. Look for the notification for pending updates available at the top right corner of the store. If yes, click on Updates to check for the list of updates available.
  3. By default, all the updates for the apps would be marked. Right Click on the apps window and select Install Updates.
  4. Wait for all the updates to get installed.
  5. Check with the issue.

Step 2:

If the issue still persist, then I would suggest you to uninstall and re-install the Mail app.

1. Press Windows key and type Windows Powershell in search box.
  2.  Right click on Windows Powershell and select Run as administrator.

3. Copy and paste the following command and hit Enter.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

4. Reinstall the app from Windows Store. 

Keep us posted with the status of mail app issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 1, 2021 Views 1,403 Applies to: