Windows 10: Configuring an Exchange email account from a school - mail.server.edu

Hi there,

I have followed the previously posted directions for Windows 7 to no avail. I have tried entering the EXMB09 and EXCAE02 server names in the Advanced Settings dialogue box with no luck. Can I get an update to the previous instructions for Windows 10 so I know which server names to use? Is this going to be an Exchange account or an Other POP/IMAP account? Following is the email info that appears to be relevant. There is nothing listed with the label "Outgoing SMPT Server." Thanks in advance.

Host name: mail.ohsu.edu

Exchange Client Access server name: EXCAE02.ohsu.edu

Mailbox server name: EXMB09.ohsu.edu
Internal POP setting:
     Server name: EXCAE02.ohsu.edu
     Port: 995
     Encryption method: SSL
Internal IMAP setting:
     Server name: EXCAE02.ohsu.edu
     Port: 993
     Encryption method: SSL

Answer
Answer

I stumbled onto the answer to my own question! For anyone else having this issue, here is what I did:

This is to configure an email account that uses the Outlook Web App and is in the form mail.school.edu.

1. Go to Add Account in your Windows 10 email app

2. Choose Exchange for account type

3. Enter the email address and password. When the account cannot be configured right away, a new field will appear in this dialogue box labeled Domain

4. To find your Domain name, open the OWA app and sign in to your email account. Go to Change Password. Your Domain name appears with your user name above the fields where you type your old and new passwords in the form Domain\Username. Use only the Domain part, without the backslash

5. Once the account is formed, attempt to sync it

6. If you get the message that your system does not meet the security standards set by your email administrator (my school is a research hospital), follow the Learn More prompt in the error message and follow the steps. All I had to do was turn on Encryption (Settings - System - About) because I have Windows 10 Pro. Then, I signed in with my Microsoft Account and Restarted. There are other security steps you may have to take, such as getting rid of guest login or strengthening your password.

I hope this is helpful to somebody! Thanks for your time, Yashwanth!

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 14, 2023 Views 1,519 Applies to: