Question

Q: Microsoft Edge keep changing page zoom

Microsoft Edge always keep changing my page zoom to 120% every time I open a new tab even though I change the page zoom back to 100%. How can I keep page zoom at 100% guys?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi, thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.
We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Try the method below and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 1:

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

Step 1: Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Edge.

Step 2: Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.

Step 3: Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.

If the issue is not resolved, try the method below and check if the issue still persist.

Method 2:

If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

Step 1: Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.

Step 2: Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

Step 3: Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.

Step 4: Uncheck the box next to "proxy server for your LAN".

Step 5: Click on OK to save the setting and close window.

Now check the issue by opening Edge.

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,
Microsoft Community.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried both of these methods and my edge browser still when it opens takes me directly to 180% zoom It is very annoying as I like the edge browser because it is clean and fast. is there some reason why this is happening.

Sorry this didn't help.

Both of your methods are not fix the problem. The browser still keeping zoom page site.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately these methods haven't worked, the browser still opens new tabs and windows on a modified zoom.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately the only way I found to solve this problem was to download the windows download tool and reinstall windows 10. A clean install will take care of the problem but if you still want to test new windows features and opt to receive those updates then the problem will come back. It seems to be isolated to the windows insider previews

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same issue.

Edge won't stay at 100% zoom.

It always changes back to 105%.

Very Annoying.

I'm in the Insider Program and running the latest build.

Tried the clearing history and all of that stuff.

Nothing fixes it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Edge is changing my zoom from 100% to 190% when I go to a new page. I was on Insider preview 10532 as well and the fixes listed above didn't help. I backed down to 10525 and now everything is fine.

Still don't know what the problem is and I have spent too much time trying to fix it.

My solutions? Backing down worked and so did installing another browser on my PC just in case.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well. I thought going back to a previous release would take care of it and it did, until Nvidia wanted to upgrade my drivers to 355.82. I allowed it to update last night and now, this morning, Edge is being changed to 75% from 100% (the other direction) when I open a new page. I am going to uninstall the latest drivers and try again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Had this problem this morning. Here's how I got around it. I opened Edge, changed the zoom to what I wanted, then closed Edge. When I opened it again the zoom was the same as when I closed it. All new tabs or windows will default to the new resolution. Not a fix but at least you can regain some control.

Sorry this didn't help.

Removed drivers. didn't help.

Upgraded back to 10532 and now I can change it to 100% but defaults down to 75%. Still messing with it. Luckily, I have Chrome loaded. Sorry Edge.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 4,567 Last updated: June 3, 2018 Applies to: