Question

Q: Microsoft Edge: How to 'open all bookmarks' in tabs?

Hi folks,

In Google Chrome (and Firefox, Opera, and Safari) you can right-click a bookmark folder and select 'open all bookmarks' which will open all the bookmarks in that folder in tabs.

This feature is essential to me since I open two folders each day containing 50 and 15 tabs each, so individual clicking isn't an option.

Does Edge have this capability natively? If not, is there a clean third party option? I see

http://www.multiopen.net/ works, but native would be ideal.

Thanks,

Darren

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

There is not option for us to open Bookmark folders in Microsoft Edge. Alternatively we can use Internet Explorer to open all the bookmarks at once.

I also suggest you to give us a feedback using Windows 10 Feedback App. We appreciate your feedback and work on it.

Please post in case you have any further issues, We will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

So we really shouldn't be using Edge yet.  This is just kind of a preview?

Sorry this didn't help.

61 people were helped by this reply

I agree with other users that MS Edge should have a "Manage Bookmarks" option that is common to the majority of web browsers.

Sorry this didn't help.

5 people were helped by this reply

I agree with other users that MS Edge should have a "Manage Bookmarks" option that is common to the majority of web browsers.

I did not realize that this was not possible.  I will have to lower my opinion about MS Edge.  I would hate to have to go back to Internet Explorer or Firefox.

Sorry this didn't help.

3 people were helped by this reply

I open the same webpage in Firefox, IE, Chrome and Edge and the memory used ranges from 140MB for Firefox (highest) to 7MB in Edge. So I decide to use Edge from now, it's swift and lightweight and the drawing feature is great.

I monkey climb through importing FF bookmarks into IE first, then sort them there and import into Edge from IE. Klunky but OK. Now I want to open my morning read bookmarks folder in all tabs and... nope.

Then I want to drag a link by favicon into a folder on the bookmarks toolbar.... nope...on the desktop? nope

I want to move a bookmark in Edge from the root folder into a subfolder? nope.

I want to import passwords and form data? nope. Adblock plugin? nope.

So I sadly close Edge again and go bac to FF. It looks a bit dated and is  bloated but it get's my job done.

Form follows function.

Sorry this didn't help.

4 people were helped by this reply

Wow.... Pretty basic functionality I use everyday.  Disappointing.

Back to chrome... That didn't take long.

Sorry this didn't help.

Edge is still way behind on function.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

There is not option for us to open Bookmark folders in Microsoft Edge. Alternatively we can use Internet Explorer to open all the bookmarks at once.

I also suggest you to give us a feedback using Windows 10 Feedback App. We appreciate your feedback and work on it.

Please post in case you have any further issues, We will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

This  must be some sort of joke.  You're kidding, right?

Sorry this didn't help.

4 people were helped by this reply

Seriously. It rules out what could have been a decent browser for a lot of us. When I noticed this odd omission I didn't bother testing out another thing.

Sorry this didn't help.

I used this feature daily in Windows 8.1/IE.  It may - at face value - appear to be a minor functionality but for those of us who want to group "What do I want to see?" websites based on our Favorite groupings, it's not minor.

Putting in a serious request for a right-click on a Favorites grouping to open all at once - like it used to be.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 11,314 Last updated: May 29, 2018 Applies to: