• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question

mhtml format not opening in EDGE

MarySweeney asked on

Original Title: mhtml format

I upgraded to Windows 10 - not a clean upgrade, I kept my existing documents/settings. The upgrade went smoothly. I got the new browser Edge, but of course kept Internet Explorer as well. I am more than disappointed that I am unable to use any file that "I" create as my personal homepage. I had designed a page in Word and saved it as an .mhtml file and had my Internet Explorer open with that. I am sure that I am not the only person in the Microsoft Universe to have done this as it really simplifies one's navigations. Microsoft Edge will not permit me to do this. I understand that it is a work in progress. Is this option being considered for the future?

So, Microsoft experts, what are my options. How can I solve this for now? I have a website of my own. If I create a page purely for my own use, would that work? Or is there another format that I can use?

Thank you

6 people had this question

Abuse history

Most Helpful Reply
MarySweeney replied on
No. I am not flexible. I want to be able to design something that works for me, not have to puddle along with something that doesn't assemble what I want. The customer is always right. I don't need a product. I need tools. If I have to, I will design a new webpage on my website which will be for my eyes only and will do what I want, but there are many who do not know how to design a webpage, but who could create a document in Word with their links in whatever assemblage they would like. Very disappointing.
7 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress