Edge is really unstable on the stable version of windows 10

Well, I upgraded to the anniversary update after waiting 22 hours for it to download and it looks nice and adblock plus is always nice on any web browser.  The problem: Microsoft edge is unstable with or without extensions and even caused a blue screen on my brand new surface pro 4. (and that happened while opening up an InPrivate window.)Every time I open up menu or make a new window. the app goes black and looks like a windows vista with a minimize scale and close button and then comes back. and the menu for settings displays but does not act like it's there (I cannot scroll down on the menu ether).  So, when you attempt to change the lightness to darkness, it acts like you are still in the "more ... " menu and opens up a new window or new private window,

My question is why is Microsoft edge is so buggy. it's completely unstable and it blue screens your computer... or the browser just feezes when a message like "do you want to close all tabs?" appears. Last, but not least, I cannot look at reading list, history or downloads. 

I love Microsoft edge. It's lightweight, and is still good. but this is just a really bad publishing of edge. Please send some updates or something to resolve these issues as soon as possible. 

edit: blue screen error:system_service_exception.

Question Info

Last updated July 1, 2018 Views 1,118 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the Microsoft Edge is unstable after upgrading to Windows 10.I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue.

1. Do you receive any error code or error message while surfing on Microsoft Edge?

Please follow the Troubleshooting Methods given below to check if its helps.

Method 1: Perform Clean boot.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows           

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

if the issue persist please follow next Method.

Method 2: Run Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) command-line options and check if they help.

To run DISM command-line(s):

a. Press Windows key + X and click Command Prompt (Admin)

b. Copy and paste the following commands one by one and press Enter after each

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

c. Exit Command Prompt and restart the computer.

Hope this information is helpful, if the issue persist please write us back with information in brief so that we can assist you further.

Thank you,
Morris Subba
Support Engineer

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, Microsoft edge does not give any error codes, when I open the More menu my whole screen goes black (including the taskbar) for a second and then comes back. ill see that after I check something else.
Computer person... also a Mopar technician.
CEO of Independent LLC

Sorry this didn't help.

wait how come under apps and features there is no option for microsoft edge to be reset? I would think that would be a better idea instead of loosing any programs that I pay for.
CEO of Independent LLC

Sorry this didn't help.

Here is a small video

video

Now it shows the weird thing and quit because of the new window opening

CEO of Independent LLC

Sorry this didn't help.

just to confirm that I wont loose any data doing the solution correct?
CEO of Independent LLC

Sorry this didn't help.

here is an update on this, so I had an issue with my Surface Pen on opening up Groove music. Well I had Ren come onto my surface and he uninstalled groove and put it back on. Then I said "could you help with another problem?" he said sure. Well I showed him my Microsoft edge issue and he had a support tech next to him Nikko. and they tried to do a "reset" and deleted a few files that cause my bookmarks to vanish from my PC (still had them all on my Phone) here is a screen shot of our conversation. He also said that I was spouse to get an email with in the next day ... well it's the 15th and no email about that. 

So, why can't you reset edge like you can IE?  Why do I  have to reset my PC because an Update caused problems... I have the latest updates and they  did not change anything on stability. 

CEO of Independent LLC

Sorry this didn't help.

ok so I got the blue screen again, it is called:system service exception. 

was not able to get the qr code but that is what the BSoD.  i was in an InPrivate browsing mode and webpage message came up (do you want to send info over networks) hit yes and it did nothing... then blue screen. that was on an online textbook website and it happened the first time on a totally different site. and I started having this issue with the latest version upgrade of windows 10 on my SP4.

can anyone help? 

CEO of Independent LLC

Sorry this didn't help.

I made a video of what is happening on my Surface when I use the settings.

video via onedrive

the NVM at the end was because I could not get a message.

Am I really the only person having this issue I looked up edge problems and nothing about my thing.

edit: I did find the file, sys32kfull.sys ... because it blue screened while running InPrivate mode when I was asked do I want to leave the page or stay? 

CEO of Independent LLC

Sorry this didn't help.

look this  has not stopped and no one else has replied.  THERE is no error code and it has hindered  me doing homework . The video shows what is happening.

Please help and thank you

CEO of Independent LLC

Sorry this didn't help.

After clearing my browsing data (in vertical tablet mode) edge now crashes when I open it now. 

edit: used a command and completely reset Microsoft edge and the exact same thing happened with the menu.

I used the steps on here: http://www.howtogeek.com/237527/how-to-reset-microsoft-edge-in-windows-10/

Why is this still happening even after doing a full reset of Edge.... or why was Microsoft edge no a reset-able app in settings?

CEO of Independent LLC

Sorry this didn't help.