Question

Edge- How do I enable cookies

mamamadore asked on

how do I enable cookies in edge browser.  I can not access web sites I use regularly.  I can not contact microsoft live without cookies.  Please help

[Original title: edge]

245 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

To Allow or Block Cookies in Microsoft Edge Settings

1. Open the Project Spartan app.
  2. Click/tap on the more actions button on the toolbar, and click/tap on Settings. (See screenshot below)
  3. Click/tap on View advanced settings towards the bottom. (see screenshot below)
  4. Under Cookies, select to either don’t block cookies (default), Block only third party cookies, or Block all cookies for what you want. (see screenshot below)

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

33 people found this helpful

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer

what exactly is project Spartan ? 

Spartan was the codename for Edge before it was released.

Don

1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

Most Helpful Reply
KenneyHill replied on

I didn't see a screenshot either but the directions are good enough without the screenshot.  The part that is confusing is that they reference Project Spartan like it's a different application that you have to download, but it's not.  Project Spartan was the code name for Edge, so it's already installed as Edge is what you're trying to change the settings to.

I'm going to try and attach some screenshots below, hopefully they will help.

91 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress