Edge (and IE) displaying Times New Roman instead of Arial

My edge and IE are displaying text as times new roman when they are supposed to render Arial or Sans-Serif according to CSS.

The default font for Sans-Serif is set to Calibri. Manually editing the CSS to replace arial with calibri works however.

EDIT:

Ok now after installing Office 2016 my laptop showed the same symptoms, but was fixable downloading the provided Arial Files here.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=EDFA679EC4E5AD9A!181238&authkey=!AGP6SQrZdGeWoMc&ithint=file%2czip

Thanks a lot!

However as mentioned before my original Problem was not so easily fixed.

Some program registered a second fonts folder (how do you manage that I want to delete it?) that kept overwriting the Arial Fonts on every Reboot. I had to delete/rename the fonts in there and once again reinstall the proper Arial Fonts again and it worked (finally!)

Question Info

Last updated November 7, 2019 Views 8,664 Applies to:

Related Forums

Answer
Answer
Try deleting Arial Narrow (all versions) and restarting.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/wrong-graffiti-font-in-apps-and-web-pages-after/eb9f39c0-989a-41a0-91d6-8b8ac44cc298?page=6

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

In my case, it was due to corrupted Arial Narrow fonts, visibly installed by new Office 2016.

You can verify if you font is corrupted by hitting "Preview" on the file. The preview remains blank with corrupted fonts.

I resolved the issue by replacing corrupted fonts with correct ones from another machine.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.