Edge 40.15063 - Websocket - Error 12029

I'm on Windows 10Pro 15063.138 and use a local network apache server.

I'm trying to debug the WebSocket api without success, because when i try to use it, Edge return the error : "SCRIPT12029: WebSocket Error: Network Error 12029".

The exact same code works very well on all other web navigator tested : Internet Explorer 11, Mozilla Firefox 52, Google Chrome 57 and Opera 43.

I hope someone will have a solution,

Have a nice day.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Hi Thibaut,

Special configuration may be necessary to access localhost type of addresses as Microsoft Edge runs with network isolation by default for security reasons. To enable loopback, kindly run the following command in an elevated command prompt:

CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -a -n=Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Let's also check if loopback is enabled in the developer settings. To check, follow the steps below:

1. Open Edge.
  2. In the address bar, type about:flags.
  3. Under Developer settings, make sure that Allow localhost loopback is checked.

For more information about this issue, you may refer to the following article: How to debug localhost on Microsoft Edge.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's not resolve my problem. (but it would be useful for another thing i wanted to test :) )

I'm not trying to send socket request in my localhost loopback but in my network (192.168.X.X), the apache server is on another computer.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you only experience this issue when sending WebSocket requests? Are you able to initiate HTTP or HTTPS connections to 192.168.X.X addresses? The easiest way to check is by opening your router or modem's setup page as it is usually located on the same local network.

For additional troubleshooting steps that you can perform, kindly refer to the following thread: Microsoft Edge Can't Open Local Domains. Try performing the steps provided by codewright2000 and Brianna B in the thread.

Additionally, since this topic is more advanced than what is typically discussed in this community, we suggest that you also post this concern in the Microsoft TechNet forums.

Finally, we also recommend that you report this issue in the EdgeHTML issue tracker. To report, just click on the Open new issue button. If possible, kindly include the debug script that you are using to help our team in reproducing the error.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 31, 2020 Views 7,399 Applies to:

Related Forums