Cut and Paste not working using Microsoft Edge in Google docs?

We just bought a computer from the Microsoft store on Wednesday.

Windows 8 installed without any issues.

After initial installation completed for the new build (Windows 8), we accepted the upgrade to windows 10 and proceeded with installation of Windows 10.

When attempting to use Google Docs, I was not able to cut, copy nor paste using Ctrl-X or Ctrl-C or Ctrl-V.  Right-clicking to select the cut, copy and paste options also did not have any effect.

This only seems to be an issue when accessing Google Drive and Google documents. All other applications and websites seem to work just fine.

Is there any solution to this issue?

Discussion Info

Last updated December 5, 2019 Views 19,765 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Same behaviour happens to me as well. Copy paste works fine on address bar and other sites. What's going on?

Trying to copy a link in You Tube and paste it into a twitter comment and edge will not allow it. Back to Google Chrome.

Same issue, resolved by clearing History, Cookies and cache

See thread below:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cant-copypaste-a-link-into-twitter-using-windows/96d10803-7afa-4288-9422-5d4e442daa38?auth=1

Clearing History, Cookies and Cache works, but it looks like it needs to be done often. Not a good fix.

I am currently making due with a very janky workaround: make a hyperlink (ctrl + k), paste what you want into the "text" field, add any website. Once the link is created, right click on it and remove. Like I said, janky, but it works.

Same issue for me.
I have the same problem with a Word Document, trying to cut and paste over to a school website. What's the workaround ? Or better yet, when will it be fix ? 
I found a reliable work around.  I switched back to Google Chrome.  Sorry MS, I wanted to use edge!
Same problem for me using any website in Edge. After the bookmark/favorites fiasco, this is kind of the last straw. Will probably go to Chrome next.

Found a workaround.

Go to top right corner, click on the three dots (More actions) and select open it in Internet Explorer.

It will reopen Drive or document in Internet Explorer and you'll have all your features back.

Thanks, but I wasn't using Internet Explorer in the first place so it just reopens another Edge window. Anyway, my issue is not limited to google...it's with all cut and paste in Edge.

But I appreciate the help!