EDGE delays more than 5 seconds before loading any page after Fall Creators Update 1709

Hi,

Afer Fall Creators Update installation, EDGE delays a few seconds before starting a page load, in a new tab or after clicking a link . Any ideas of what can it be?  It worked  fine just before the upgrade .  Chrome is working perfectly in the same machine. 

Thanks

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

In rare cases, a specific update might temporarily cause issues with your device. For your concern, here are the things that you can perform to troubleshoot Microsoft Edge:

Method 1: Restart your PC.

• Restart your PC and then reopen Microsoft Edge. Select the Start button, then select Power > Restart.

Method 2: Clear browsing history.

• Your browser automatically saves temporary Internet files to help pages load faster. Clearing this cache will sometimes fix page display problems.
  • If you can open Microsoft Edge, select Hub > History > Clear all history. Select Browsing history and Cached data and files, and then select Clear.

Method 3: Clear all browsing data.

• If you can open Microsoft Edge, select Hub > History > Clear all history. Select all the boxes, and then select Clear.

Method 4: Repair or reset Microsoft Edge.

• Repairing the browser won't affect anything, but resetting will remove your history, cookies, and any settings you might have changed. You'll find these options in Settings > Apps > Microsoft Edge > Advanced options.

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi!

Thanks for your reply, but edge keeps delaying page loads.

I've tried all the points, and  after resetting edge (the last point you suggested) , intead of my personal starting page, now  is default the starting page (with news and weather...) that delays 5-8 secs to load :-(

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There's a possibility that a specific application is the culprit. To ensure that a software conflict is not causing the issue, we recommend that you perform a clean boot. This method helps to eliminate conflicts between applications or services by starting Windows using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.

Note: Please go through the How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting section of the article once you've finished troubleshooting the issue.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi !

Thanks againg for your response, It seems that that has not solved the problem either. It's strange behaviour, I have other computer and it's working fine on it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Since the issue persisted after performing several troubleshooting steps, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Edge. To do so, follow these instructions:

1. Open File Explorer and type the following path into the address bar and press Enter:
    • C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages
      • Note: Replace Username with your user account.
  2. Look for Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe, right click on it and select Delete.
  3. If you get Folder Access Denied prompt, click Continue.
  4. Restart the computer.
  5. Search for Windows PowerShell, right click on it and select Run as administrator.
  6. Type the following command and press Enter after each one:
    • cd C:\Users\Username (Ensure to replace Username with your user account name.)
    • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}
  7. Restart the computer again.

Let us know the outcome of this procedure.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That is bad advice, Ramon due to the missing instruction to backup your bookmarks.

And it is the same as the Reset earlier on, which didn't work either.

http://tinyurl.com/EdgeBookmarkBackup

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

That didn't work either ( I made a backup of bookmarks before the reset, thanks BeefRWijker ) , but the problem persisted.   Disabling firewall or antivirus (built in MS antivirus) doesn't make any difference either.   Rolled back to previous release , all worked fine again, then installed 1709 again, and the problem returned. It's so strange. I love edge but have no other solution than use chrome while the problem persists :-(  ...  after the "hard" reset , edge loaded some pages without delay , like 3 pages loading fast, then one delay, then 2 fast, then 2 delays , but after a few hours it was a nightmare to use, restarting windows does not help.  "infinite" scroll image loading pages also lagged when scrolled down before loading more images! :-(

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks BeefRWijker

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

One way to get Windows to crawl is excessive disk I/O. Excessive disk I/O will occur when you reach the limit of your free ram and Windows starts pushing programs to the page file causing even more disk I/O. It is my opinion that Windows doesn't free up no-longer-used memory until it is too late.

I've also observed that Edge sometimes caches to memory, not the actual (disk) cache or doesn't cache at all. This is where you have a picture on your screen, but it can't be found in the cache anywhere and it won't save as the original picture.

http://tinyurl.com/EdgeBookmarkBackup

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Friends!

I've found that the problem is not edge related : It's related to "metro" apps  ,  Microsoft Store app delays some seconds before loading apps images and other metro apps have similar problem

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 13, 2021 Views 2,750 Applies to:

Related Forums