Edit metadata in Groove

I know many people have been asking for this, and I was very excited when the "What's New" dialog box popped up today saying Updating metadata is now available with the latest update. 

Problem is, I can't figure out how to go about doing it!  I've gone into a song's properties, and tried to edit the metadata, but as with previous versions, you can't edit any of the data.  Has anybody been able to edit metadata with today's Goove Music update (v. 3.6.2398)?

Thanks!

**See 3rd bullet in the What's New window:

There's supposed to be an edit info option when you right click on a file in Groove for locally stored music. There's no option for me to do this however, and I'm not in the least surprised by that given the track record of Groove. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply!

Looks like you're right.  It's only available for locally stored music.  Just copied some music from my desktop to the "My Music" folder and I get the "Edit Info" option on those files, but not ones stored on OneDrive. 

I guess we're half way there at least!  Hopefully soon we'll be able to edit metadata for OneDrive music.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Mind If I ask what type of file you moved, and where it originated from?

I have bunch of music in the my music folder that are both purchased and then a lot that I've downloaded from Groove using the music pass, and it won't let me edit any of them. Most of it is in the subscription cache folder.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately, it looks like if it came from a online source, it won't allow you to edit the metadata.  I imagine it's because there should be no reason to edit metadata from a curated source like the Groove music pass since they should be correct already.

I copied music from my desktop that was originally ripped from CDs years ago that I added metadata to on my own, and those are the ones I'm able to edit.  I'm unable to edit metadata for songs that are on my OneDrive, even if I download it to my device through Groove. 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah it looks like they still have a lot of work to do, I wish they could just revert back to Zune. I can't edit metadata even from songs I've ripped of CDs, maybe because I used to do it I think. Regardless, the stuff I wanted to edit is all from Groove because of the genre being off.

Thanks for the input!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 29, 2022 Views 2,669 Applies to: