Lenovo Yoga, Win 10, Camera not working, Flashing error codes 0xA00F4289 and 0xa00f4244

Hi,

My integrated camera on my Lenovo Yoga does not work.

Everytinme when I am trying to use the Camera app on windows 10, I'm getting flashing error messages alternately: 0xA00F4289<Active Camera Unplugged> and 0xa00f4244<NocamerasAreAttached>.

I searched it online and  I have made sure that my anti-virus is not blocking the camera and privacy for camera setup is on, and I'm having the latest driver.

However, I'm still getting the same error messages, and I can see that the camera is sort of flashing when the error messages appear alternately. 

Anyone help please?

Many thanks in advance,

Shawn

Answer
Answer

OMG... I found a solution and it works! Be patient and try it more than once.

The person who mentioned sticking a plastic piece is not wrong but I didn't try that either.

Apparently, the camera has fallen off the double sided tape inside the casing and the other aluminum tape is not making contact with the camera, therefore the computer reads it as the camera is no attached.  The computer is NOT wrong in saying that error either.=]

Finally, I read and re-read this link of a another person with the same issues and decided to try it.  "Literally just pinch your fingers (one side on the LCD/ Camera area and the other on the back of the case) all around the camera area about 1-2 inches away, until the blinking stops. Press firmly but gently (I know its an oxymoron). Try it.  It turned on WITHOUT any issues. No drivers update, no messing with command, no "techs" needed, nothing needed at all!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-710-14IKB-webcam-not-working-with-error-code-0xA00F4271-0X80070001/m-p/3578749?page=3#3789494

Note: I located the Lenovo Service Training videos which have been removed from original the website the person in the link above noted and added here in the Lenovo Community.  The Lenovo Service Training Videos are here:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505031 (For ALL Computers/Laptops).

I'm super hyped an excited to know it works...its all about the tape used to hold it in place. Shame, can't believe none of these "techs" mentioned anything about it. Sooner or later I will take it in somewhere to place a more permanent hold on the camera. For now its finally on!

125 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 13, 2021 Views 10,738 Applies to: