0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5) Camera app error code on Windows 10.

Original Title: Imaging Devices missing from Device Manager, Windows can't find camera

I have exactly the same problem as SirCrunchalot, who posted at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/imaging-devices-missing-from-device-manager/2ca3bf53-d92a-40cc-b01f-76a0ef3dfc7a.

I go into the camera app and it says "We can't find your camera" then proceeds to give me the error: 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5). I have had my laptop for quite a while, maybe 2 or 3 years. As far as I can remember, the camera has never worked. Here is a screenshot of the device drivers from my screen, there is no image devices option and there are no cameras under sound, video and game controllers.

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite T135D, AMD Turion(tm) Neo X2 Dual-Core Processor L625, 64-bit OS, 4GB RAM, Windows 10 Home. I have a built-in camera; above my screen, it says "web camera" and there's a lens. So I can't unplug it and try a different USB port, as some have suggested.
I have done the following steps: 
1. Ran the troubleshooter for Windows apps - no problems detected
2. Checked for and installed all Windows updates
3. Checked that camera privacy settings were not the problem
4. Ran the troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices - no problems detected
5. Uninstalled the Camera app entirely (using PowerShell) and reinstalled it (using the Windows Store) - no change
6. Within Device Manager, clicked "show hidden devices" - more devices were shown but still no camera/webcam
7. Performed a repair upgrade with Windows ISO - still no luck!

8. Went to Toshiba website and installed the camera app corresponding with my computer model (over the existing app), then tried a more recent version as well - no change

Hopefully this is enough information; please let me know if it isn't.

Answer
Answer

Hi Joanna,

Please reply, when you say “disabled and uninstalled some things in an attempt to save on battery life”, what “things” did you disable and uninstall on the computer?

If you think an app, update, software or a driver that you recently installed or uninstalled caused problems with your PC, you can restore Windows back to an earlier point in time, called a restore point. System Restore doesn’t change your personal files, but it might remove recently installed apps and drivers.

Refer to Restore for a system restore point article to restore back to an earlier point on the computer.

Note: Though it is said that System Restore does not affect your personal information such as email, documents, photos, videos, etc., but there is highly possible that some of your personal files are deleted while system restoring.

During System Restore, there may be errors and such errors may cause damage to the files that are present in the system. And, computer shutdown during restoring process may also lead to file loss. Sometimes when System Restore is failed, it may lead to loss of important files as well.

Write to us with the status of Camera app not working on the computer for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

48 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 27, 2020 Views 17,205 Applies to: