Windows 10 Camera Problem

Hello,

If you get an error code which is similar to "error code 0xA00F4246(0x80070005)" when trying to use your camera on your laptop, the following might solve your problem:

This actually fixed my problem:

Camera Fix on YouTube

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows Media Foundation > Platform

Create new DWORD 32-bit value named "EnableFrameServerMode" with a value of 0.

Best regards,

Ron

Discussion Info

Last updated July 15, 2019 Views 1,096 Applies to:

Hello

We (the Windows Camera Engineering Team) highly recommend against setting this registry key. You are setting the camera pipeline in an unsupported configuration that could have adverse effects to your system later down the road. This could result in camera not working in any configuration and force you to clean install your system.

We cannot support systems which this registry key has been set. If you find that setting this registry key does resolve your issue, please remove the registry key and file a feedback report with monitoring enabled so we can get camera logs on this issue. In your feedback please state your make and model of PC and camera and please note that setting the registry key did resolve your issue. 

For more information on how to file actionable feedback to the camera team please read this post:

How to file actionable feedback to the Windows Camera Team

Thanks!

Tom

Hello Tom,

Thank you for replying.  I tried using the feedback hub but it seems to not let me.  I am getting a message prompt telling me to Allow Feedback by fixing my privacy settings.  I have assumed that this was by setting the feedback frequency to a value other than "Never", but I have already tried that and I am still receiving the prompt.

Best regards,

Ron