Camera and Windows App Store issues

when I open the Camera app, the frontal camera does not work (I get a message with the error code 0xA00F4271(0x80070018). I tried to click on “Windows Store Apps” troubleshooter to fix problems with Windows Store Apps, but it didn't help. It says Windows Store cache may be damaged, and cannot automatically fix it. I've tried steps to fix it also, but to no avail. Can you help me get the Windows Store troubleshooter working properly, and then my Camera as well?

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

Hi,

Overloaded cache is one reason why you're getting the Windows Store error "cache may be damaged." Clearing the cache is needed periodically to clean all the temporary data stored. Similar to a web browser, Windows Store also collects data from the Internet. To help us resolve the application errors, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Since you've mentioned that you're using a front camera, are you using a Windows phone?
  • To avoid repetition, can you provide us all the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?
  • Were there any changes, recent updates, and newly installed applications on your device that may have affected your applications?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The Camera is on a Dell Laptop.  

I've tried these steps:
Check your antivirus software
In your antivirus app, look for settings related to blocking access or permission to use your webcam. For help, visit your antivirus software company’s website.
Check for an outdated webcam driver
  1. Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the search results.
  2. Find your webcam under Imaging devices or Sound, video and game controllers.
  3. Press and hold (or right-click) the name of your webcam, and then select Properties.
  4. Select the Driver tab, select the Driver Details button, and look for a file name that includes stream.sys. If it’s there, your webcam was designed before Windows 7 and you'll have to replace it with a newer webcam.
  5. If you don't find a file name that includes stream.sys, try rolling back your webcam driver.
Roll back your webcam driver
  1. In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select Properties.
  2. Select the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver, and then choose Yes. (Note that some drivers don’t provide a rollback option.)
  3. After the rollback is complete, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.
  4. If rolling back didn’t work or isn’t available, uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes.
Uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes
  1. In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select Properties.
  2. Select the Driver tab, select Uninstall > Delete the driver software for this device, and then select OK.
  3. In Device Manager, on the Action menu, select Scan for hardware changes. Wait for it to scan and reinstall updated drivers, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.

Then I tried this:
Reset the cache folder in App Directory
1] Open File Explorer, copy-paste the following path in the explorer address bar and hit Enter:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
Again, in case your Windows is installed on some other drive, replace ‘C’ above with the system root drive, followed by the name of your own user account. Also, replace the text <username> with the username associated with your account.
2] Now, in the LocalState folder, check whether the cache folder is present or not. If it is there, rename it ‘cache.old’. After that, create a new folder and name it ‘cache’. In case the cache folder is not there by default, just create an empty new folder and name it ‘cache’.
Next, create a new folder and name it ‘cache’. In case the cache folder is not there by default, just create an empty new folder and name it ‘cache’.
3] Once you are done with the above step, close the File Explorer and reboot your system. After the reboot, run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter again. This time it will not only detect the problem but also automatically resolve it.
Restart your system once more and try opening the Windows Store. This method should work even if you have a local account.

And I tried running WSReset.exe, but nothing solved either issue.

There have been no newly installed applications, and if the issues occurred after an update I couldn't tell you when.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the detailed information. Since you were able to clear the cache of the Windows Store using the WSreset and checked the camera driver, we recommend reinstalling the Windows Store application. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

1. Type Windows PowerShell in the Cortana search bar.
  2. Right-click the PowerShell icon and select Run as administrator.
  3. Copy and paste this command in the black window that that appeared, then press Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Restart your device to apply the changes made. Also, check if there are any Windows updates.

Let us know how did it go after executing the command.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, I'm afraid that did not work either.  If I run a troubleshooter for the window store apps, I still get the "windows store cache may be corrupt" error message, and it cannot fix it.  Coincidentally, the camera app still does not work either.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Perform a clean boot to eliminate software conflicts. In this state, it will only run minimal drivers and startup programs. Follow the steps provided on this link to determine what's causing the issue with Windows Store and the Camera app. Kindly follow the section: "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting," after finding the source of conflict.

Furthermore, you can restore your system from a point where the Windows Store and the Camera app were working. To do so, check this link on how to system restore under Show all.

We'll keep an eye out for any post backs.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 591 Applies to: