:( Your PC ran into a problem a need to restart page on windows 10 upgrade.

Hi

I recently upgraded my laptop to windows 10. after the completion of upgrade task I restarted my laptop. What I face now is a blue page with ":( Your PC ran into a problem a need to restart" on its title.

The error message is "SYSTEM THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED(epfwwfp.sys)".

By the way I can't boot up my windows right now and that took my whole day :(. Thanks to my Ubuntu I can post here

how can I fix this problem?

Hi Masoudium,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regrets the inconvenience caused. Let us know few things to help you:

* Make and model of your device?

* From which version of windows you have upgraded your device?

If you receive Windows error SYSTEM THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, then the issue might due to the incompatible drivers causing the issue in background.

I suggest the easy way, to create a Media Creation Tool from below link to upgrade your PC. You’ll also be able to create your own installation media like a USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded. Please browse through the below link for more information on creating ISO file

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Please check and install the latest Windows 10 compatible driver from your device Manufacture's Website.

Hope this will addresses your query.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Yashwanth

Thanks for you reply. My laptop model is Asus S200. I downgraded my windows 10 installation using diagnostic tools to windows 8.1. I rather not to try the new Windows 10 till I feel confident that there would be no problem with it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Masoudium,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regrets the inconvenience caused. Let us know few things to help you:

* Make and model of your device?

* From which version of windows you have upgraded your device?

If you receive Windows error SYSTEM THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, then the issue might due to the incompatible drivers causing the issue in background.

I suggest the easy way, to create a Media Creation Tool from below link to upgrade your PC. You’ll also be able to create your own installation media like a USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded. Please browse through the below link for more information on creating ISO file

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Please check and install the latest Windows 10 compatible driver from your device Manufacture's Website.

Hope this will addresses your query.

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop upraded to windows 10 from win 7 a few weeks ago. pc started to just power off. No warning upon powering up similar message. your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. for more information look up "System Thread Exception Not Handled". It still boots I can even run windows. but it will sooner or later, randomly power off again. the 3rd restart I got message that it could not locate my one drive file and wanted to create a new one. the 4th time, it informed me that my ms office may be corrupted and if I had a problem running it to repair it through control panel. Is this something as simple as needing to update drivers? if so, which ones and how? any info you can supply would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

VeeWorrell

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response. I understand your concern, we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would suggest that you try the methods mentioned below and check:

Method 1:  Clean Boot.

Try performing clean boot and check if it helps:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

NOTE: After you have finished troubleshooting, make sure you put back the computer to normal startup mode as suggested in step7 from the above KB article.

Method 2: Check Disk

• If the issue persists, you may perform a check disk and check if that helps.
  • Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
  • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
  • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
  • Click on ‘Advanced  options’ and click on command prompt.
  • Run the following command from the command prompt and press enter.
  • chkdsk /f /r X:( drive letter)
  • Press Y when you are prompted to check the disk the next time that the system restarts.
  • Restart the computer.

Important: When you run the check disk, there are chances of losing data so you can take a backup before running check disk.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 751 Applies to: