Your PC needs to be repaired - Error code 0xc0000428

Hey guys,

whenever I start my PC (upgraded to win 8.1) I reach the windows symbol. Then I come into a blue screen with an error message. Your PC needs to be repaired. Also it shows an error code: 0xc0000428. It says:

"Your pc needs to be repaired

The operating system couldnt be loaded because the digital signature of a file couldnt be vertifiedFile: windows\system32\drivers\sfsync02.sys Error code: 0xc0000428 You’ll need to use recovery tools on your installation media. if you dont have any installation media , contact your system administrator, or pc manufacture."

When I follow the instructions in other forums it doesn't worked. I already tried the automatically repair of my originally win 8 disk. But I get no other reactions of my PC...

I would be pleased if you can help me. Thank you

Greetings DasDaHawk

Question Info

Last updated May 20, 2019 Views 45,162 Applies to:

Hi DasDa,

You are facing the issue as some the drivers do not have proper signatures.

I would suggest you to use an installation media and follow these steps to disable driver signature enforcement and check.

a.      In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time
and currency format’
and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on
‘next’.

b.     Click on Repair your computer.

c.      Click on Troubleshoot and then select Windows Startup Settings.

d.     Click “Restart” button to restart your computer again.

e.     This restart will bring you to the traditional menu list that has options such
as Safe Mode, Disable driver signature enforcement etc.

You can also refer to the following Microsoft article for more information.

Troubleshooting Boot Issues due to missing Driver signature (x64)

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askcore/archive/2012/04/15/troubleshooting-boot-issues-due-to-missing-driver-signature-x64.aspx

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Karthik Vengalor,

first I have to say thanks for your fast reply.

This morning I already tried the steps (found them in another forum) you described but I only got an issue warning that it doesn't worked correct.

Now I formated my hard disk and I'm reinstalling my Windows. I do this because I found a little driver that creeped in. It is a copy protection for games named "StarForce Protection Helper Driver". I researched about it and read, that it's kind of impossible to remove it.

Also it destroyed my Windows installation. About a third of my .sys data files are missing.

Thank you for your fast assistance.

Greetings DasDahawk

EDIT: I reinstalled Windows now and everything works fine again. Thank you very much.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Das,

Glad to know that the issue has been resolved after reinstalling Windows. We really appreciate your effort to resolve the issue.

Please post back if you have any issues related to Windows and we will be glad to assist you further.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys,

whenever I start my PC (upgraded to win 10) I reach the windows symbol. Then I come into a blue screen with an error message. Your PC needs to be repaired. Also it shows an error code: 0xc0000428. It says:

"Your pc needs to be repaired

The operating system couldnt be loaded because the digital signature of a file couldnt be vertifiedFile: windows\system32\drivers\sfsync02.sys Error code: 0xc0000428 You’ll need to use recovery tools on your installation media. if you dont have any installation media , contact your system administrator, or pc manufacture."

When I follow the instructions in other forums it doesn't worked. I already tried to reinstall the new window but the system is not able to load the bootable pendrive of any windows. And also  I get no other reactions of my PC...

I would be pleased if you can help me. Thank you

552 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Bicky - That error will be shown when the Windows build you have installed is too old and has expired. You need to update it.

Are you quite sure the Windows 10 pc is set to boot from usb and that the pendrive you are using is definitely bootable? Google 'diskpart usb clean' to make sure its ready. Then use 'iso to usb' to make your install stick.

If so and you still can't use a usb stick to reinstall, then download the latest build using another pc and burn it to a DVD. You will need burning software that can work with an iso file.

Good luck :)

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

hi guys, 

in my case, wenn I start my PC, he tries to prepare windows repair, briefly after that it restarts automatically and makes the same thing (endless loop).  

firstly, I've got the error message wenn i tried the windows setup. and I don´t know why.

I would be glad if you can help me. Thank you

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello every body

the solution is a time in bios after 02/2014

Good luck

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having this same problem but I have NO installation disc.  I have upgraded over the years from some very old version of Windows.  

Any solutions?  I'm not sure I can even locate my Product ID as it is probably recorded on the computer that has crashed. 

What is the fastest way to get a replacement disc? 

20 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.