"You need to install an app for this task" on sign in

Set up a new Pc which ran fine for 2 days. Updated Windows now I can not sign in to the pc. When I press the sign in it says you need to install an app for this task. Choosing yes or no just brings up the sign in button again. Anyone know a fix please?
Answer
Answer

Ok i Found A Way to Recover My Computer On the Same Problem 

I Used The Reset option on the Trouble Shoot Menu if your stuck at the sign in go to the power at the bottom then do this shift+restart it will bring you to the menu 

Then When Your at the menu go to the Troubleshoot option right at the bottomImagethen you will see this ImageClick the Reset your pc Option then it will show up 2 optionsImage

1."Keep My Files" (its basically keeps your files but removes apps and drivers dont worry if you dont know what apps and drivers are gonna be deleted windows will tell what was deleted after resetting your computer)

2."Remove Everything" (this will delete everything your files apps drivers and even the  :C drives all that kind of stuff I REALLY Reccomend to do the First Option if you have important files that you wanna keep i will not recommend the Second one just because i dont know how it works because i used the first one)

One you Picked your Option One More Time ill Recommend the first option i dont know how the second one works. It will reset your computer dont turn it off it will be faster if you have a better computer 

just Put your Original Password That You Use to login to your windows then your In 

But I RECOMMEND that to take it with a Qualified Professional

Im not a computer expert or anything i just wanted to share how i Recovered my computer 

For the People that use system restore you actually can do it by doing

Shift+Restart

Once your here Click Troubleshoot

Then click advanced options

Now as you can see you will see the system restore click it and you do the work i dont know what is the next thing to do :)

Sorry For the Grammar im not the Best at english

Read All of it So You Dont Miss Anything that is important

I Hope This Helps :)

57 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 28,098 Applies to: