YOU CANT INSTALL WINDOWS ON USB FLASH DRIVE , WHILE UPDATING 1809

yesterday I tried to upgrade  from 1803 enterprize to 1809  by windows updater tool downloaded from Microsoft . after running the tool ,  17763.1  .esd file  is  downloaded in C:\

but  I  could not able  to update , its  gave error  0xc1900201 and  you cant Install windows on usb flash drive .

I tried all the  troubleshooting steps  , including reset windows updates ,  sfc and  dism restore  options  , but no  use .

I could not able to run  media creation tool , because the error gives  , does not support architecture  because running windows 10 enterprise 64 bit . media creation toll supports  on client os like  home and pro  windows 10

eventhough , windows 10  enterprise 1803 64 bit 17314.320 installed on ssd drive .

when I tru to  updates  through windows update  , it  checks few minutes , it does not given  any files .

I think  1809  does not released  globally  on 2-10-2018

Answer
Answer

It releases first to hardware platforms where it will have least amount of problems.  Eventually it should show up in your normal windows updates unless they know it will have a major issue with your hardware.

Sign in to the Volume Licensing Service Center to download Enterprise editions.
Sign in to your subscription on the MSDN Portal for MSDN downloads.

Visit the Windows Insider site to download Insider Preview builds

If you truly need it, other than the above links, you can probably find on the web the .esd download from microsoft for your enterprise computer in your language then convert it to an iso.  

~
Microsoft Bob came back after a 20 year makeover, and with a new name. Cortana!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hi RAJU.MSC, 1809 has been released globally . . .

With these major upgrades, the most successful method is to upgrade from the Windows 10 ISO - you download the ISO and then perform an Offline Upgrade

Click this link:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
to download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download Tool Now), with that you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO (Select Create Installation Media for Another PC), then choose ISO - do not choose USB

When the ISO file completes downloading

Then, double click the and then run Setup.exe from inside Windows File Explorer to begin the upgrade . . .

If you then get an error that Windows cannot be installed onto a USB flash drive, this may be related to a bug, where Windows 10 thinks it is Windows to Go running from a USB drive .. .

Click your Start Button, type regedit and hit Enter to open the registry editor

In the left pane, navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control

Then in the right pane if this value exists - PortableOperatingSystem

Right click and delete it

Close the Registry Editor and restart your PC

Then check if the upgrade will proceed . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 29, 2020 Views 920 Applies to: