XP Pro Login Activate Loop

Have a machine with XP pro.  Problem with internet connection.  Reinstalled operating system as "upgrade".  Cannot activate.  When I log in it immediately asks if I would like to activate.  If I say yes it hangs forever.  If I say no, it immediately logs me out.  How do I regain control?

Have a machine with XP pro.  Problem with internet connection.  Reinstalled operating system as "upgrade".  Cannot activate.  When I log in it immediately asks if I would like to activate.  If I say yes it hangs forever.  If I say no, it immediately logs me out.  How do I regain control?

Ok, so all you just need is to is to boot into safe mode, log on to an administrator account, open command prompt, then type commands regsvr32 regwizc.dll and regsvr32 licdll.dll and click ok on each of those prompts, then after that, type the last command:

rundll32.exe

syssetup,SetupOobeBnk

Then, wait a couple mins because the last command will not show anything onscreen, but it will reset the licensing components in the background. After that, restart your computer, reboot it in normal mode and log on. That error isnt there anymore, so it will not hang off.

Hope this helps, friend. If this doesnt help or if you have any questions, go ask me.

~ the nicest windows lover
Windows user since 2003

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 8, 2021 Views 87 Applies to: