Xbox One controller cant reconnect after being off

I've had this controller for about 8 months, and I've never had a problem. I got this controller as a PC controller as it came with a USB adapter. The problem isn't exactly with the controller, but more with the adapter or PC. Every time I leave my controller idle, it will shut off, like any other controller, the problem is that when I try holding the Xbox button to reconnect it won't. It will flash for a second or two, and then the light goes solid and it connects, but then a second later it disconnects and the light goes off. I've synced my other Xbox controller that came with my Xbox One, and they do the same exact thing, I've even changed the batteries, but it does nothing. I have also tried leaving the controller plugged in while idle, and then unplugging, but it just disconnect like usual. The only thing that I can do is reboot my PC, then reconnect the controller, but it is a bit annoying that I have to restart my PC everytime I leave it idle. 
Answer
Answer

Hi,

An outdated driver is the usual cause why you are having issues with your Xbox One controller on your Windows 10 device. To help resolve your case, we recommend checking for the latest updates for your computer. Refer to this page and perform the steps provided.

Ensure to also update your Xbox One controller on your Windows 10 computer to acquire the latest controller improvements. You can do it wirelessly or via USB. All the instructions are provided here.

In addition, check out the following links that can aid you with sorting out your concern:

Troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

Using Xbox One Wireless Controllers on a PC

Feel free to update us with the results anytime.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2024 Views 1,307 Applies to: