Xbox Game Pass (Windows 10) - Dirt Rally 2.0 installation takes space despite not installed / not seen installed in the Xbox (beta) app

Hi there,

I've played Dirt Rally 2.0 since it was included in XGP.
- Yesterday I've launched the game via the Xbox (beta) app, the window of the app closed as always but nothing happened. Tried many times, tried to reboot the system, nothing changed.
- I decided to uninstall the game and tried to reinstall it. Gives me some errors while downloading, but finally the download was completed.
- The moment it was completed I didn't have the time to play, so I turned off the PC.
- Today I've tried to play the game, went to the app to boot the game and it was disappeared from my installed games, on the Hard Drive it takes the ~90Gb I downloaded and cannot uninstall it in any way.

How can I solve this situation?

Thanks in advance.
Answer
Answer

This happened to me - Dirt 2.0 was not listed anywhere but was definitely taking up space.  First I went to Dirt 2.0 in the app and tried to "install" it even though it was installed.  This will make the icon appear on your start menu, but not in the Xbox app or anywhere else, and it definitely won't launch the game. So then:

Close the Xbox app. 

Go into Settings, go to Apps, go to the Xbox Beta app, left click it, click Advanced Options. 

Click Reset and wait a little bit until the Checkmark appears. 

Click Repair until the checkmark appears. 

Launch the Xbox App and you should be able to go to Dirt 2.0 and uninstall it now.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 1,062 Applies to: