Would it help to play a version of Hoyle Card Games Classic circa around 2008 by seeing if compatibilty mode can switch to Windows 10?

Just bought a PC with an Intel i5, lots of ram, etc. and Windows 10.  Downloaded Hoyle Card Game Classic, this version from about 2007/2008. It installed completetly, and it plays pretty good, BUT it hangs or just freezes while playing. I am looking for any suggestions on making it quit freezing up. Is it a sleep/hibernation situation? Only way to "unfreeze it" seems to work from there is Task Manager, and closing it. Is there a way to ask it to run in compatibility mode for Windows 10? Or do we need to get a newer version of the game? Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Method 1:
I suggest you to run the game in clean boot sate and check if helps. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Note: applies to Windows 10.

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Method 2:

Refer this article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/update-drivers-in-windows-10

Method 3: For installing the game in compact mode

I suggest you to reinstall the game and run it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the program setup file and click on "Troubleshoot Compatibility"
  • Follow the on-screen instruction.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Rajeshwari, thank you for the instructions and guidance. I hope we get to the Magic Wand stage some day to fix these kinds of things! Presto.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thanks for replying back to us. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you tried the suggestions provided in the previous post. If you need further assistance let us know we will be glad to assist.

Regards,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I did a few things, not exactly what was suggested. I did not do the clean boot. I did uninstall this older version of the game and bought a newer version that said is Windows 10 compatible. Tried this game and it had problems too. Uninstalled that game, put original game back on it and after playing a few times, had issues like before. I then tried right clicking on game icon on desktop, going to properties, and running the compatibility troubleshooter, which I think it picked different drivers, and then game testing, and now it seems like it may be working perfect. The issue was It would just stop and stay stuck, just loading up to play. This was a brand new Lenovo PC with an intel i5, etc. So for a $12-$20 dollar game it isn't worth it that much to us to HAVE to play this game.. if it acts up again, that's it, no more game. Thank you for your help though. I have an idea of just how complicated this stuff is.  Maybe we will try some games from Online next.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Update: game is working 100% and no lockups or stalls. This was a 2007/2008 game release. Hoyle/Encore Games Card Game Classic with the Bear, Dinosaur and the Alien you can play Crazy Eights with.. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,
Thank you for replying.
We are glad to know that you were able to resolve the issue. Please let us know for any further assistance. Feel free to post your queries if you face any issues with Windows in the future.
Thank you

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 20, 2023 Views 3,991 Applies to: