WmiPrvSE.exe is constantly calling tzres.dll and tzres.dll.mui in Windows 7 SP1

clean install of Windows, and all the Windows updates applied, even Microsoft Security Essential antivirus installed, and the process WmiPrvSE.exe is constantly calling tzres.dll and tzres.dll.mui in Windows 7 SP1.

so the HDD usage never stops, because it call the files every second, and I the red light of hdd activity turns on every second.

also this issue cause constant CPU usage of 3% in my PC, because WmiPrvSE.exe process never stop calling the files mentioned above.

Question Info

Last updated August 13, 2019 Views 7,750 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

For a better understanding of the issue, let me know if the computer is connected to the domain network?

Windows® Management Instrumentation (WMI) is a component of the Microsoft Windows operating system that provides management information and control in an enterprise environment. With wmiprvse.exe, file managers in the enterprise environment are capable of configuring and searching for desktop system information or network and application information across the network. Developers use the wmiprvse.exe file in order to develop applications used for monitoring purposes. These programs can notify users about important events related to network and file or application management right after each event occurs.

Method 1:
I would suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if the issue persists.

Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Method 2:
If the issue persists, I would suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates including optional updates and check if it helps.

Refer to article for additional information.
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wmi/archive/2009/05/27/is-wmiprvse-a-real-villain.aspx

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.